Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
I'm not really suprised, they grew too quick and in the end all those overheads were bound to tell.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I'm not really suprised, they grew too quick and in the end all those overheads were bound to tell.
There was speculation only a month or so back that they were about to open in Edinburgh. Short term lease already secured

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I know they bought out G T Motorcycles down here a couple of years back. I only went to the Plymouth branch twice and was never very impressed they had lots of bike, some at cheap prices some at normal prices same as everywhere else really. Always heard that they were quite cheap for clothing but when i wen tlooking for a new Dianese jacket all they had that was cheap was obscure clothing you've never heard of you were not get good deals on good quality stuff.The other think i keep hearing from people that have bought bikes from them is that they wuld sell you a bike and do the deal but back up was terrible.

Still never a nice thing for all the people working for them t loose there jobs, they haven't done anything wrong it's just the climate we're in at the moment

·
Stone Crazy
5,315 Posts
Did you ever go to the outlet in Bodmin Jason, what a ****hole, 30 pink helmets in size small, others that in would only turn upside down and plant flowers in , and clothes in either XXS or XXXXl
Merv

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Did you ever go to the outlet in Bodmin Jason, what a ****hole, 30 pink helmets in size small, others that in would only turn upside down and plant flowers in , and clothes in either XXS or XXXXl
Merv
Sounds just like the Donnington outlet. I went there just after it opened expecting great things given it's location and it was crap

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Shame it's gone but perhaps others will fill the gap, never that impressed by the Plymouth branch.

Helmet City at West Bay is well worth the trip from Plymouth as is knocks socks over everything else around

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Merv
No mate never made it to that store, sounds like the same sort of stuff being sold at Plymouth

·
Registered
352 Posts
went there 2-3 times at swindon and never found anything i fancied or of great quality. bought a pair of boots which fell apart in 2wks! had to go back there 3 times to get my refund, they wanted to exchange or credit note which was useless to a guy from swansea.
M+P swansea are the same in their shop....cheap obscure stuff like jason mentions. anything quality and the price is ridiculous!

feel sorry for the job losses though, times are hard out there.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Merv
Went down therre a couple of years ago. Take your point about the pink flower pots, BUT I seem to remember they had Caberg Trips (obviously left-over stock) which I like. Was thinking of shooting down there to seee if they still had one. Should have gone earlier. Maybe my £100 would have kept them going. Plymouth store seemed overstaffed with folks not really doing anything.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Plymouth store seemed overstaffed with folks not really doing anything.
mOST SHOPS SEEM LIKE THAT THOUGH, normally with ginger spikey haired numpty's which aint got a clue about anything trying to give you the BBB hoping they will flog you something

·
Stone Crazy
5,315 Posts
Went down therre a couple of years ago. Take your point about the pink flower pots, BUT I seem to remember they had Caberg Trips (obviously left-over stock) which I like. Was thinking of shooting down there to seee if they still had one. Should have gone earlier. Maybe my £100 would have kept them going. Plymouth store seemed overstaffed with folks not really doing anything.
I think when i went there a few weeks before it closed the only trips left where XS , cos that was what i was looking for . and my bonce is XL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts