Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am planning a trip in June 2010 to Germany/Mainz and to give everyone who is interested time enough to save money i thought i post that now.The Plan is to go for a long week(10 days or so)do the Rhine/Mosel Valleys for a few days and then go on to the Johannesfestival in Mainz.(This is for the 09!!!! festival so dates will change a bit;) http://www.mainz.de/WGAPublisher/online/html/default/MKUZ-5TVEYH.EN.0 )
I am in contact with some of my fellow Germans:rolleyes: and will post more details as soon as i get them.
We will be staying in B&B's ,Touring some stunning River valleys for 4-5 days and then finish of with a Festival which goes on for 4 days.
If you never expierienced a "PROPER" German Festival just ask Chad;);)
But be warned some Alcohol might be consumed:rolleyes::cool::hitler::hitler::hitler::angel9::blob7::blob7:

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Ok i am planning a trip in June 2010 to Germany/Mainz and to give everyone who is interested time enough to save money i thought i post that now.The Plan is to go for a long week(10 days or so)do the Rhine/Mosel Valleys for a few days and then go on to the Johannesfestival in Mainz.(This is for the 09!!!! festival so dates will change a bit;) http://www.mainz.de/WGAPublisher/online/html/default/MKUZ-5TVEYH.EN.0 )
I am in contact with some of my fellow Germans:rolleyes: and will post more details as soon as i get them.
We will be staying in B&B's ,Touring some stunning River valleys for 4-5 days and then finish of with a Festival which goes on for 4 days.
But be warned some Alcohol might be consumed:rolleyes::cool::hitler::hitler::hitler::angel9::blob7::blob7:
Pete would it be ok for somebody who did not drink ? but looks Geerman?

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Pete would it be ok for somebody who did not drink ? but looks Geerman?
Poor sod. Worst of both worlds.

Pete, I hope to be able to do this, but I might not manage the full 10 days. Will there be a camping sub-group for those of us who don't like/can't afford B&Bs?

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Poor sod. Worst of both worlds.

Pete, I hope to be able to do this, but I might not manage the full 10 days. Will there be a camping sub-group for those of us who don't like/can't afford B&Bs?
Have not thought about that yet but i can not see why not.We could make it a all camping trip as the campsites in Germany are not too bad as far as i remember

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Snaphappy it may be that there are some members who don't want to do the longest day, for what ever the reason. Does that mean we shouldn't organise anything around that period?

I'm not being grumpy just asking the question
Not a grumpy answer
but a XRV tour of Germany:thumbup: some of us would like to do both.
TheLongestDay has a more or less fixed date, is it still an XRV event?

·
Chief Lurker
436 Posts
But be warned some Alcohol might be consumed:rolleyes::cool::hitler::hitler::hitler::angel9::blob7:

:blob7:

I think it would be rude not to do this one!

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Love the sound of that festival :thumbup:. Probably couldn't get more than a long weekend off work at that time of year though, but might be able to make a flying visit over to say hello (or should I say Guten Tag)...

...and maybe consume a little bit of alcohol. :D

·
almost human !!!
757 Posts
I hope the date works with TLD 2010. It would be grossly unfair to put us in a situation where we have to choose between one and the other.

If anyone is still undecided, believe me Germany is a beautiful country and some of the rides available are second to none. The area LV is talking about is excellent Bike country and the people see Bikers as a source of income and treat them accordingly.

An XRV meet on my “doorstep”, a nice 3 hr run down to Rhineland-pfalz, oh yes please.

Ash :thumbright:

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why not try to make it October,

Beer fest time.
You ever been to the Beer festival????

Pete, i'm loving this idea... I was wanting to go over the water next year as i have never rode in Europe so to do it with you guys and at this Festival/P!ss-up sounds great! :)
:laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3:

I'm getting more and more sold on this one as well. Hmmmmmmmm.....
Just to mmake things a bit more complicated:D The Beer festival is a few big tents where people have a good time.Where i come from we talking about a whole "CITY" going ballistic:D:D:D
Try to pm chad and ask him about his opinion if you dont believe me:D

About the area we going to before,well beautyfull River valleys,mountains,forests,good food and drink

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

Just to mmake things a bit more complicated:D The Beer festival is a few big tents where people have a good time.Where i come from we talking about a whole "CITY" going ballistic:D:D:D

About the area we going to before,well beautyfull River valleys,mountains,forests,good food and drink
Your preaching to the converted m8 :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts

i have a new fondness of the germans:cool: its the only time ive ever seen a WHOLE city completely ****ERD by 4pm:D:D:D:D:D fantastic

1 - 20 of 147 Posts