Honda XRV Forum banner

61 - 80 of 147 Posts

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Aaaah, it all looks so beautiful. Would love to join you but not sure I'll be able to escape from the Uni at that time of year :(:(:(. If I can't make it, will deffo plan an invasion another time :D.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
It's a cracking area of Germany, I've been there four times now but I think this trip will be far more in depth rather than just passing through on the way to the Stella Alpina rally.
My favourite place is Koblenz, where I often meet folk for a beer. Here's a cracking pic at dusk with the moon coming over the horizon. The fortified building on the hilltop is gorgeous, I was once told by someone it was used by the Gestapo during WW2, I looked into this,,,,,, no it wasn't, it was a library!
I'm looking forward to this trip already! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I'm now in aswell. We'll probably make our own way there as the Newcastle ferry cuts close on 500 miles each way of the distance to Germany. We might even beat you there and get the kettle on.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm now in aswell. We'll probably make our own way there as the Newcastle ferry cuts close on 500 miles each way of the distance to Germany. We might even beat you there and get the kettle on.

Hi Boris I'm 99% sure I'm going and if so I will also be traveling from Newcastle

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hope to join you in Germany will be travelling via Newcastle with Boris. OH! I am all excited about already need something to cheer me up with all this snow :thumb:.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I need to get dates sorted out for this as we need to get holidays booked very soon.
Boris, I'm still keen on travelling by DFDS mate, be good to travel with yourselves. Any hard plans yet? I originally planned going down to Vaders and heading over with them but the boat trip sounds good, I HATED travelling to the chunnel last summer.
Steve T's also been asking about the VIM in Austria which I'm also keen on but I've only so much holidays to book! So I'd like to sort this out one way or tother asap.
Not much been said on this trip lately, hope there's still plenty of interest?

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Oh yes,plenty of interest.Getting a fair few people now together:thumbup::D
That is going to be fun:happy7:can wait

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Boris, I'm still keen on travelling by DFDS mate, be good to travel with yourselves. Any hard plans yet?
Jim,
I'm planning to book the tickets early next on my credit card and that way I don't have to pay the CC company till February.

Oh yes,plenty of interest.Getting a fair few people now together:thumbup::D
That is going to be fun:happy7:can wait
Pete,
Can you reconfirm the dates you and the southern contingent will be in Germany. To avoid the weekends I'm probably going to add a day or so on each side to get the cheaper fares. Once I book them I won't be able to change so want to get it right.

Any idea of campsites yet?

Now it's 2010 and this years holiday it's full steam ahead.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Boris
We will leave here on theSunday 20th of june early and will get to the campsite late afternoon.Which one i can not tell you as non of them took bookings that early.As soon as i know which one i will post up here
Coming back we will leave Mainz on Tuesday the 29th of June and get back in one hit.
So the Dates in the Calendar are still correct:thumbup::D

just your name is missing:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

61 - 80 of 147 Posts