Honda XRV Forum banner

81 - 100 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Gutted will not be able to attend. :(

Dates have now been decided for family holiday to Denmark first week in July which is to close to do both maybe next time hope you all have a great time.

·
Chief Lurker
436 Posts
I will meet up with the peeps arriving from Pete and Debs as I will be visiting my eldest in Kent on the Friday/Saturday.
Tried the Jaigermeister - tastes like Benolyn, but gets better after a couple.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Ok so options are now head south on the Friday halfway, Saturday, head for Vaders for departure on Sunday or;
Ferry from Newcastle on the Thursday or Friday, first meet up with Boris at Edinburgh then head for Newckie? Meet the southern contingent in Germany on Sunday night?
I've no hard plans as yet but we need to get this down pat soon to book holidays and travelling plans.
Vader, I'm glad plans are coming together. Agree, a good trip will be had.
You know how much I hate long haul motorway driving so the ferry's very appealing to me but you also know how GREEDY I am! Ha ha!
What's the story with the tunnel mate? You booking in advance? If so, when? I'm just trying to piece together what I have to sort out and when.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Ok so options are now head south on the Friday halfway, Saturday, head for Vaders for departure on Sunday or;
Ferry from Newcastle on the Thursday or Friday, first meet up with Boris at Edinburgh then head for Newckie? Meet the southern contingent in Germany on Sunday night?
I've no hard plans as yet but we need to get this down pat soon to book holidays and travelling plans.
Vader, I'm glad plans are coming together. Agree, a good trip will be had.
You know how much I hate long haul motorway driving so the ferry's very appealing to me but you also know how GREEDY I am! Ha ha!
What's the story with the tunnel mate? You booking in advance? If so, when? I'm just trying to piece together what I have to sort out and when.
I was hoping to book the train around march as i have another 2 trips before then and i first got to get the pennys together. I will have a look if group discounts are available but i doubt that very much.
There would be 2 ways of paying for the train.Every one does there own booking or i find out the price,you all send me the money and i book.Unfortunatly i am not in a position to pay for everyone upfront:(

:blob4::blob4::blob4::blob4::blob4:
Cant wait ,i want to go now:D

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Well I'm booked now.:blob:

Ferry from Newcastle at 5pm on Thursday (17th) arriving Amsterdam on the Friday morning which will give us 2 days of sightseeing on the way to Germany.

Not sure where we will go but I'm open to suggestions. I suppose Luxenbourg could be on the cards as I've never actually been there before.

For the way back we will be catching the ferry on the afternoon of the 1st July (Thursday) arriving home Friday Morning again giving us a day or so to wind our way back to the coast.

Jim your both more than welcome to join us for one or both legs. The more the merrier I say. Book quick though as prices are now rising fast.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Ok, I've decided to bite the bullet and take the ferry from Newcastle. I have bad memories from motorway travelling from last summers run to the chunnel.

Thank you very much for your offer to stay over at yours Vader but in the interests of health and safety I'm taking the boat! That might free up space at yours, I will get round to visiting you at home some time mate!

Ok, I'm committed to this trip now so bring it on!

Boris, we need to communicate where and when we'll meet up, spring might be a good time to meet somewhere and discuss? Plenty of time for that though.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Ok, I'm committed to this trip now so bring it on!
Brill. Does that mean you've also booked the ferry? If so what dates?

Boris, we need to communicate where and when we'll meet up, spring might be a good time to meet somewhere and discuss? Plenty of time for that though.
You betcha. I don't need much of an excuse to head North.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Aye Boris, I've taken the plunge, here's the details from the other post regarding this mate;

Grand Total: 244.00 Gbp

Your Itinerary:

Newcastle-Amsterdam (IJmuiden)

Ship: KING OF SCANDINAVIA

Depart from: Royal Quays, North Shields
-----------------------------

Amsterdam(IJmuiden)-Newcastle

Ship: PRINCESS OF NORWAY

Depart from: Felison Terminal, IJmuiden
---------------------------------

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
Hi Guys,

Seriously contemplating taking the trip as well (me and my little brother). Have to wait for my brother to find employment to see if we can really do it this year.

2 things to note: I'm based in Brussels, so any XRV'ers taking the ferry to Amsterdam, more than welcome to drop by on your way to Ardennes (hot tea and garage available).

My brother is based in Amsterdam, so provided he has the finances, he could meet up with you and take you through some of the nice places in the Netherlands on the way to the Ardennes.

Calais is only an hour away from my place, so if we join, I'll link up with the rest at Calais. If we don't join, I'll still drop by Calais for a brief ridealong with the nutters!

Fingers crossed we'll be able to make it!

JB

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
I have no idea what a Jaegermeister is but I think I want some too.:blob: It won't hurt will it?
Spoke to a friendly German and Jaegermeister is sheit,But for some reasons UKGSerS drink it.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
No it ain't but it does bite. :D
problem is ive started getting a taiste for that evil ****e:rolleyes: half a bottle with a few cans of relentless has you ready to tear the town apart:thumbup:

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
problem is ive started getting a taiste for that evil ****e:rolleyes: half a bottle with a few cans of relentless has you ready to tear the town apart:thumbup:
it wouldnt matter Chad, when we went to the elephant rally pete was a complete lightweight anyway...... ask j.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
it wouldnt matter Chad, when we went to the elephant rally pete was a complete lightweight anyway...... ask j.

THE reason for this was he got wiped out by a 7ft Pole.:D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Pete could you post the route so, king of Peiss stops can plan ahead. You Know camp sites that sort of thing J :D:D

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:and he is a mod:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I know but a very old one :p

You have to make allowances. What's the German translation for "I've forgotten where I pitched my tent."

81 - 100 of 147 Posts