Honda XRV Forum banner

121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Anyone been to either of the campsites and can tell me if there is wifi available actually in the campsite? If I have space I could take a netbook that we can use to keep in touch but my roaming data costs are too expensive for PC use abroad.

Failing that can someone that speaks the lingo drop them an email and ask for me?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Boris your on holiday man. Commandant lord Vader will no doubt see to it that your arms and fingers will become entwined in stiens and bottles of wine and kebabs. No time for Net booking.:D:D:D:D
:thumbup::thumbup::D:D:D
no need for words:teeth:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Boris your on holiday man. Commandant lord Vader will no doubt see to it that your arms and fingers will become entwined in stiens and bottles of wine and kebabs. No time for Net booking.:D:D:D:D

I was more thinking of posting photos and videos of daring doos and drinking contests but your right no time for that sort of stuff.

As for work... No chance they can feck off for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
As for Geoff, well, I recall a tale from him at the 09 National regarding other occupants at the guest house complaining over breakfast about someone snoring! Geoff passed the blame to someone else on the same floor! Well done! LOL!
I've also had 1st hand of this at James's two yrs ago, camping approx 20m from Geoff's tent and he could still cause a ripple in the fabric of my tent! :thumbup: (Although this might have been a couple of GS owners behind me?)
Sorry Geoff, suppose it makes a change from me getting it for snoring! Just ask Fiona! Ha ha!

Boris, have had similar thoughts, due to my former IT background I suppose! I've been looking into access from mobile etc, also a netbook for pics crossed my mind! I have 3G access from phone and also wifi through BT openzone and BTFON which has cover in that area.

But, being fom the NE of Scotland, land of the Speyside malt, I think the sampling of local beverages and local fare will come higher on my priorities!

Ok, the bike is polished and ready to go, the luggage will be packed this weekend and I'm hoping to have the tank bag loaded as well by Sunday night. Plan to have the bike sitting ready to go for Monday night, ready for take off on Thursday at dawn to meet Boris and Ben in Edinburgh area. Ferry in the afternoon and Holland on Friday a.m.!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing old friends like Geoff, also the Vaders, and of course everyone else that I don't know!

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
They has come, work call outs prevailing I'am going to prep the bike and luggage as I' am working right up to Friday evening .:D:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
They has come, work call outs prevailing I'am going to prep the bike and luggage as I' am working right up to Friday evening .:D:D:D:D:D
I off in a few mins to get a new rear tyre...

Just so I have this right. You leave Wales on the Saturday. Saturday night at Vaders and then off to Germany on Sunday?

By Sunday we will have been there 2 nights and should be well drunk.:blob:

·
Chief Lurker
436 Posts
Jim - that is a slur - or it will be a slurring occassion once drink is taken!
Saw the comandants bike last week - it is nearly dirty enough for the trip - another ride down a few greasy tracks will finish the job off nicely Pete!
I trust that none of the essex departees will partake of drink the night before, but just in case I have entered the camp site on the zumo - only problem I have with using the zumo in Germany is that on motorway junctions you have a choice of lanes on the exit and I cannot see them on the zumo so usually end up guessing wrong - makes for interesting U turns - I am sure I will get better at it if I follow Mike!
Looking forward to the trip and meeting up with you all, and I have a very large clothes peg in case people think I snore! I have never heard it!

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Jim - that is a slur - or it will be a slurring occassion once drink is taken!
Saw the comandants bike last week - it is nearly dirty enough for the trip - another ride down a few greasy tracks will finish the job off nicely Pete!
I trust that none of the essex departees will partake of drink the night before:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, but just in case I have entered the camp site on the zumo - only problem I have with using the zumo in Germany is that on motorway junctions you have a choice of lanes on the exit and I cannot see them on the zumo so usually end up guessing wrong - makes for interesting U turns - I am sure I will get better at it if I follow Mike!
Looking forward to the trip and meeting up with you all, and I have a very large clothes peg in case people think I snore! I have never heard it!
WOW Geoff this got ot be one of yoour longest posts:toothy2::toothy2:

No worrys ,we WILL be there on Sunday morning:thumbleft:
as of course we will not drink on Saturday and all will be in bed early:rolleyes::toothy2:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Bike checked out, suspension set, luggage packed, Fiona and me are ready to go! Three more sleeps!
We'll be setting off on Thursday morning for Edinburgh to meet Boris, can't wait!
Never thought of a peg Geoff, I just use earplugs! LOL!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
One more day to go. Boxes cleaned, stickered and all packed. Only the Thremarest and sleeping bag to roll up and everything is ready for the off.

Getting all excited now....:blob:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just thought i might let anyone going to Germany that if you drink tea, you might want to bring teabags with as Germany's tea isnt like English tea. On the other hand if you like coffee, there coffee is lovely!! :D:D

Look forward to seeing you all, im rather excited now :D:D:D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Jamie thought the Germans only drunk Beer and it was the Turkish influence that educated them to drink Coffee.:D:D:D

See you soon Girly :thumbup:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
house ready for sats impending invasion:eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Well, thought I'd load up the itinery files I received from Boris last night in prep for the off at dawn tomorrow morning and the Tomtom came up asking for an update to sw, so I thinks "why not?"

DOH!

The Tomtom now freezes on boot up and has to be reset with a paperclip to turn it off!

Oh well, ho hum, I'm currently trying to restore the damned thing but it's not looking too good! I might end up using the gps on my new phone by the looks of things!

Never mind, at least we're all packed and ready to roll tomorow! See you all over there at the weekend! With or without satnav!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
DOH!

The Tomtom now freezes on boot up and has to be reset with a paperclip to turn it off!

!
:hitler::thumbup:

safe trip Jim. am off tomoro for the Start of the TLD leg one Aberdeen to Teesside :toothy1:

Just follow Boris !!!!!! :cyclopsani:

·
Hill Rider
3,086 Posts
I fully expect to see a running commentary with pictures on this trip, seeing as several of the participants have got wonderful electronic communication contraptions about their persons.

Take care, enjoy and dont let Vader tell you German beer is weak :thumbup:

Steve T

:cool:

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
Hi All,

It seems the Belgian DVLA (or the Post Office) has screwed up, no sign of my new plates for the bike, so I won't be meeting you at Calais :( :( :(

However, I've heard a rumour that you're all passing by Brussels along the E40? :rolleyes:

If so, I'd like to extend the invitation to tea/coffee/cookies at XRV.ORG's latest Belgian safehouse (mine)...

Let me know if that works for you, I can always meet up with you in the car at a service station, but this just seems much more hospitable!

Best,

JB

121 - 140 of 147 Posts