Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could i please have final numbers as i am about to start booking the first campsite
Number of people
Bikes
Tent size(prices vary according to size:rolleyes:)
For the guys from up north
Will you be arriving on the site early or staying longer?
First campsite opens up again in March the other in April.As soon as i have confirmation i will let you know

The site in Mainz
Internationaler Campingplatz Maaraue Mainz - Wiesbaden

Choice #1 on the rhine river
Camping Sonnenstrand - Gallerie
but:rolleyes:they do not take bookings or so they say.I will phone them and have a word,maybe with a large enough deposit we would be able to book in advance

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Pete,
We (Ben and I) will only need camping for the same days as you guys. We will be going somewhere else for the days before and after.

We will both have a bike and a small tent each. I've no doubt Jim will be along soon with the other half of the Scottish contingents requirements. :thumbup:

Generally speaking will the other campsites we need in Germany be a just turn up and stay or should we be booking them also? There will probably be 4 of us in three tents.

We don't know where yet but Bacharach as been muted as a nice place for a couple of days. Is it somewhere you know and can comment on?

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pete,
We (Ben and I) will only need camping for the same days as you guys. We will be going somewhere else for the days before and after.

We will both have a bike and a small tent each. I've no doubt Jim will be along soon with the other half of the Scottish contingents requirements. :thumbup:

Generally speaking will the other campsites we need in Germany be a just turn up and stay or should we be booking them also? There will probably be 4 of us in three tents.

We don't know where yet but Bacharach as been muted as a nice place for a couple of days. Is it somewhere you know and can comment on?
Did you look at the link with the campsites:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Camping Sonnenstrand - Anreise

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Did you look at the link with the campsites:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Camping Sonnenstrand - Anreise
Ahh no. I am at work and didn't have the time.

I have now and the map looks quite near Bacharach. I can't make out a word of it though as it's in some foreign language. Polish would be my guess :confused:

Is it a recipe for Bratwurst?

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh no. I am at work and didn't have the time.

I have now and the map looks quite near Bacharach. I can't make out a word of it though as it's in some foreign language. Polish would be my guess :confused:

Is it a recipe for Bratwurst?

It is in Bacherach:rolleyes::angel9:

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK little update
The campsite on the rhine river does not want to take advance bookings.Which is no good for us as we do not want to have to hunt around for a place to stay after a 400 mile ride.A guy from the german GS forum is going past and is having a look if he can convince them to take our booking even if it means we have to pay in full upfront

In the mean time this is the alternative
Motorrad

Biker friendly on one of our best known biking routes.Several sites so maybe we could have our own corner,Fires allowed(After all Hudders is coming:rolleyes:)they even have tools and mech.help on site as well as pressure washer(what for:confused::confused:) drying room the works.They offer breakie as well if you want or you can order fresh rolls for the morning
So what do you think???

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
And only 861 miles, 20 hrs 43 mins from Elgin, Morayshire via Newcastle / Ijmuiden!
Site looks good to me Pete, I'm easily pleased any how! I'm used to just touring around then finding ANY campsite, so knowing where I'm going in advance is always a bonus! :D

Looking forward to it mate, was down discussing the trip with Boris on Saturday, every day it's getting closer and beginning to feel more real!

Bring it on! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Likewise I am more than happy to bow to your superior knowledge of the area. If you need payments / deposits just yell.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts