Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
As discussed at the weekend in Ullapool, Fiona and myself are in!

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
I take it that I am the " odd people " :D

Based on your last trip and the your drunken german babblings at Dunvegan, I may be up for this.

Is it a beer festival or a wine festival ???
Have no fear John, I was there last week and there is a stall on the riverside selling only Scotch, by the bottle of course. :iconbiggrin:

Andy.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Count me in. As long as you can promise me better weather. Either too hot or too wet this year.

It seems there is just no pleasing some folk.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It is a possibility that the Chadman and his lovely wife are joining us on this trip. Now it seems the girls might fly down to Mainz which means we can do the scenic route.
As I keep saying nothing is written in stones and I am sure the plans will change a few more times before we go :toothy7:
Anyway Chad would like to visit a few places from the Band of brothers series,so I thought we leave early and do a proper sightseeing trip. Scenic route and all. As it turns out it adds a few miles(600+ miles) instead the normal(350 miles).
So if anyone else feels like looking at some superior arian machinery which we had to leave behind cause we run out of fuel.....

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Oh and yes this is still going ahead:thumbup:
Hmmm, I wonder if I can get the grass baled and into plastic by then and sneak off quietly... The lure of Kraut beer again is sooooo tempting, even if I know my capacity nowadays is such that I would be in bed by 9pm! Would I be allowed on a Team Vader tour with such a limited intake....?? :D

That "long" route looks very interesting too I gotta say....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds like a fun trip, how many nights are you thinking? Put me down on the tentative list as yet but I'd like to do the long run down via Bastogne etc. Did the Dambusters run last year great fun but more like Das Boot, can you book some decent weather please.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Just put on a foreign accent.They never guess.Worked for me for years:toothy10:
Plus i don't think anyone in Germany ever seen a 6'4ish Italian:angel9:
no, we normally duck!:hitler:

and it's 6'5 by the way!:D

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
That's the ferry booked today, Fiona and myself will be sailing from Newcastle on Friday the 13th, Thankfully not superstitious! LOL! Anyone else from up north heading over?
See you all there on the 14th folks!

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yep will be leaving here sat morning early so should b there just after lunch I recon:blob8:
Looks like Deb is flying out on sunday where I gone pick her up from the airport. Thats a nice ride jim, you might want to join us cause we could go the proper scenic route and I show you the village I come from along with a few nice viewpoints

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Ok, now I'm confused! We're sailing from Newcastle on Friday afternoon, we (me and Fiona) arrive in Amsterdam Saturday morning around 09.30. The plan was simply to find out where you were heading for and meet you there as soon as possible.
Tell me what you have in mind and where we will meet up sir?
Bloody foreigners and people with strange accents! What have we let ourselves in for???? LOL! ;)

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Ok, now I'm confused! We're sailing from Newcastle on Friday afternoon, we (me and Fiona) arrive in Amsterdam Saturday morning around 09.30. The plan was simply to find out where you were heading for and meet you there as soon as possible.
Tell me what you have in mind and where we will meet up sir?
Bloody foreigners and people with strange accents! What have we let ourselves in for???? LOL! ;)
Says you???Half the time i don't understand what you saying anyway:toothy10:
I will set of on Saturday morning alone as without Deb and make my way to the Fatherland. Where i expect to meet up with you guys most likely on the Campsite.
Deb will follow the next day via plane to Frankfurt/Hahn where i will pick her up. That is where i thought you can come along and i show you a few more decent views in Krautland.:thumbup:
Not that difficult,even you should be able to grasp the basic idea:toothy10::toothy10:

21 - 40 of 47 Posts