Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I'm off to Germany with a gang of XRVers in June. Four of us will be going out there a couple of days earlier and staying a couple of days later than the rest of them and while we think we have the earlier bits sorted in principle (we are going up to see the dams made famous by the Dam-busters raids) we are still looking for ideas for the return leg.

We have 3 days and 2 nights to get from Mainz to Amsterdam for the ferry home (check-in 4pm)

So anyone got any idea where to go and what to see? Recommended camp sites also welcomed

On the Dam busters thing. Are there any must sees or campsites that people can recommend or should we just drive and stop when we see something interesting?

·
Registered
44 Posts
We have 3 days and 2 nights to get from Mainz to Amsterdam for the ferry home (check-in 4pm)
There are two scenic routes in that area, the first one is a must: from Mainz to Köln along the Rhein river. The second one is between Trier and Koblenz along the Mosel river. I think you can plan a trip from Mainz to Koblenz, then you could go on to Trier and in the end you head for Amsterdam going North along the border between Germany and Belgium.
Scorpio

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
go to Celle, its a stunning town, with excellent camping facilities (near Vorwerk,called Silbersee I think) its about 60km's from Hannover- I lived in Celle for 15 years and tend to go back every year or two. For a bit of history. Belsen is only 26km's away and is worth a visit.

Sean

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. Keep them coming

1 - 6 of 6 Posts