Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, im busy getting frame ready for powder coat.

Does any one know what size fittings can be used to plug oil ways to keep out the bead blast.

Or any other ideas of things i can use??

·
Registered
942 Posts
i took my frame to a local company Redditch Shotblasting Co Ltd
they did all the masking i just had to drop off the frame, they did a great job, good bunch of guys all bikers, they do a lot of work for the national motorcycle museum

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for ideas.

Was thinking of taking it to a place in Hirwaun Industrial estate, but speaking to a mate who's done a lot of bike builds, he recommended Castle Coatings in Caerphilly??

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Thanks for ideas.

Was thinking of taking it to a place in Hirwaun Industrial estate, but speaking to a mate who's done a lot of bike builds, he recommended Castle Coatings in Caerphilly??
I asked because i just had a few parts done in Hirwaun and the work was crap took the one part back because the paint was all bubbled in one place and orange peal effect in others. when he said it was ready the second time and i went to collect it, it looked exactly the same i don't think he had redone it so i went there tonight to pick it up for the third time and it was done, job looks good and to be fair he never questioned my comments just said i'll sort it and was apologetic for wasting my time but the job i picked up today should have been the the first time not the third

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be honest, I didnt like to say on here, because you never know whos a member. haha

My mate had a Trike frame powder coated up there, and when he got home, he could see darker areas on the frame, like as if the paint was so thin it was nearly transparent in areas.

Since then hes always used the place in Caerphilly on a number of builds, and the work has always been spot on.

I'l be taking my parts to Caerphilly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts