Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, no pics, but a progress report on the Vanvan for all those who are interested. Have been too busy to post before now, but it's going well :thumbup:. Had a session at a training ground to get used to riding again (it had been a long time, and new bike etc.). She seems easy to ride, the gears are much easier than the bike I learnt on, and very stable riding.

Since then I've gone out twice on my own. The first just briefly, and I did stall a couple of times :oops:. But then, on Friday, I did quite a long ride on some nice country roads, and I really got into my stride. Even a hill start on traffic lights straight into a tight left hand turn with a car right behind me didn't phase me - and I didn't stall :). Since then I've been too busy with work and family stuff to go out, despite the brilliant sunshine, but I'm really enjoying the challenge, and will get some pics up soon.

For all those who've been asking, I think the Vanvan is a brilliant bike and a whole lot of fun. Rear view mirrors are great, balance is easy, and she is light enough for me to push/manouvre without difficulty. Gear changes and clutch control are also very manageable. Only downside is, as predicted, quite slow, but as I'm getting confident with the gears, even that is getting easier.

So, see you all at the national, and I'll be arriving on my own bike (though I'll still accept the offer of a pillion for rideouts for fear of holding the entire XRV crew up).

Will keep you all posted on progress :thumbup:

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
All good stuff. Obviously pleased with your new steed and having fun. :thumb:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice one.

:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Brilliant stuff:thumbup:

but as you should know well

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
Great stuff Lulu keep it up
lets have some pics please as Vader says
merv

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh alright then, but you'll have to wait till I get home from work as they're all on my laptop at home. :rolleyes:

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
You will never look back, Sharrie never did it just costs me a fortune now.:D

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Sharrie.
Well, some folk have been waiting to see some pics. Don't have any from the solo rides (heck, these really WERE solo rides, no back-up camera crew in big 4x4 for me :rolleyes:), but a few from playing around on the training ground.

ground.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Well done as the weather improves get out as much as you can and it will become second nature.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts