Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
almost human? Possibly
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be leaving for Blackpool on friday about 9ish intending to take a nice slow ride up to get there some time around 4ish not sure what route i will be taking yet but hopefully it will be mostly non motor way. If anyone is interested in meeting up to ride with me your more than welcom. I am in south London not far from Kingston so not to fussed about which way i go

Derek :thumbup:

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Might do, Derek, but it depends what work I have on that day. I doubt I'll be able to get away before lunch though so I'd have to catch you up.

I'd say Royston, Huntingdon, Peterborough, Bourne, Sleaford, Newark, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Buxton, Stockport and the motorway to Blackpool. I haven't lived in the North West for years but I was convinced there are no nice routes from South of Manchester to Blackpool. I think it was Austin sho said he'd ridden that area for over 20 years and he agreed. If you've got the time you could try to go up to Glossop, left and right to Holmfirth (with the one of the best views of Yorkshire there is) but then it gets really untidy because of the absence of any South-North roads. Todmorden, Burnley, Goosnargh and in? You can do it on minor roads, but it'll take days!

·
almost human? Possibly
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
havent realy thought to much about what way to get to Blackpool yet Phil am just going to take a nice ride up. am quite happy to meet up somewhere on the way sounds like you might no some good roads to get up there have you still got my number if not let me know and i will pm you

·
Very Enthusiastic Member
391 Posts
sorry for butting in.. best way towards blackpool from london-way is get to dunstable and hop on the A5, then the A34, the 34 develops a few good twisties, parts of the A5 is an old roman road so it's boring as hell as you can imagine. You can cut through Manchester pretty painless without having to go on the ringroad...etc etc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts