Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following a thread I started else where Ive narrowed down my soft luggae choice for a 2 week morocco offroading trip on my trusty steed ( xr400) to the wolfman panniers with enduro top duffel bag (total 154 quid) and the giant loop system ( 178 quid).

has anyone tried either of these systems?? They seem to carry same litrage but completely different designs. Links below

Giant Loop saddlebag - Luggage - Giant Loop Enduro Luggage System - adventure-spec.com: Off-Road Adventure Motorcycling gear,UK,enduro,rally,rallye,touring,rtw,mx

Wolfman Enduro Duffle Bag > Enduro Bags

·
Registered
318 Posts
I,m happy using some military surplus respirator pouches, they clip together and then i slip one of the straps under the seat and the other over the top, they dont have the same litre cappacity as the wolf stuff, but then i,m only using two, have used four before, two upfront on a home made rack over the headlight and two at the rear.
Happy to use them when i,m out green laning and they get used every day for my commute to work, and they are cheap.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
which are only 30 quid - they do look large enough but im just concerned about them getting full of sand, dust and soaked if i do encounter rain. However at the price they are very tempting

:thumbup:
not as hardcore as you guys , but I have been using an expedition 90l Dry bag shot the tent in it too, anything I want to keep dry is in its own dry sac.. ( have a brown dry sac for 'soiled' cloths :D )

so no worries about stuff getting wet

good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
The pouches are pretty waterproof as they come, I keep my psp plus phone and book etc in them for my commute and it stays dry, although they do come with a natty little drain hole in the bottom of them, but to be on the safe side I would invest in a couple of dry sacks to keep things really dry, they are tough pouches, ive come off numerous times off road and once on road (ice) and they have survived, mind you thirty notes seems steep, trawl ebay for some. As for mine free, out of the stores at work:thumbup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have have made 2 trips to Morocco using the ex army canvass panniers from Silvermans , they are cheap and take a lot of stuff ; downside is that there not waterproof , not much problem in Morrocco but neither are they dust proof . You will need to rig something up so that they don't touch the exhuast which needs to be strong if your riding off road and thats one of the best reasons to go to Morrocco

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks russellt - I have been trying to make my mind up over cheap silvermans or a more made for the job type system - ie the wolfman system - you confirmed my thoughts - about dust proofing etc plus didnt really want to make up rack - so looks like im going for wolfman - they are cheaper than the giant loop and looks like easy to get on and off the bike at the end of the day.

yes the offroading is the reason Im going to morocco - cant wait - only four weeks and counting :p

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts