Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to copy this from the Ladies site posted by Matron who is also a member here

matron said:
It is with regret that I have to announce that fundraiser, motorcycling supremo and my best friend died peacefully surrounded by her family this afternoon.

She passed on as she lived her life.. with dignity and grace, and thinking of others before herself.

Some of you may remember her as the Accessories manager at Balderstons in Peterborough... finding unusual stock, solving your parts probelms and making tea with the extra pair of hands she always seemed to have

Some of you may remember her as the stalwart fundraiser for Breast Cancer charities after beating the disease 12 years ago... and who continued even after she was struck down with secondaries almost 3 years ago

I remember her as the woman that everybody loved, and the best friend a person could ever have.

She was my other half in my motorcycling journeys.... turning my fears into adventures.. whilst i got us to our destination (she had no sense of direction x)

I am a richer and wiser person for knowing her, but have lost a soulmate

RIP Sweetie x

The Pink Way Round : Forums

Gilly was an inspiration to me when I did the Lucky 7's challenge in 2007, she was always happy, smiling and always the one to help out and make sure we were all OK.

I feel a better person for having known her and had such an incredible experience with her and I am extremely sad that she lost her fight against cancer today.

:(

For those who don't know what the Lucky 7's is here it is

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/ride-r...cky-7s-charity-challenge.html?highlight=lucky

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Never met her but i know the world is a poorer place now:(
But i know good people like that go to biking heaven where it never rains and the roads are always clear.I now she is riding in a better place

Pete&Deb

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
deepest sympathy's to the family and to you hun

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
I did the trip as a support rider and yes the world is now a poorer place.
She was always smiling and encouraging. Nothing fazed her not even the valve on her rear tyre disintergrating on the second day. Matron will be devastated.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Have not had the privilege of meeting her but, may she rest in peace.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Bummer.

It's hard to put anything into words when someone special is taken away from us.

Hang in there Sharrie

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Sorry to hear this Sharrie, and second everyone's comments. I like the thought of her riding in biking heaven, where illness and sadness cannot touch her.

My condolences to all who knew and loved her, she sounds like a wonderful person.

Lou

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
Truely sorry Sharrie, RIP Gilly.

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
RIP Gilly, ride free forever, sorry to hear this Sharrie
Merv

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
It's always sad to hear this kind of news, but especially bad when it's such a colourful and special person.

Such a shame, but rest assured, people with hearts as good as Gilly's do go to a better place, and more importantly, they are not forgotten and will always bring a smile to the faces of those who were lucky enough to know them.

:thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts