Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have the Givi crash bars (came fitted) and am looking at the Touratech and SW Motech engine guards, does anyone know if they will fit?

I like the look of the SW Motech as it appears welded as opposed to riveted, but not sure where the top two mounting bolts would go with the Givi bars. Anybody got any experience of these two together?

Thanks, only picked up my '09 Alp on Monday, if I fit stuff quick enough the wife will think that is how it came ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've got the Givi bars and just mounted a motech bashplate. The Givi bars conflict with the bashplate and can't be fitted without jiggling. I haven't fitted the bars back on yet but I think they will by moving the bashplate about 4cm forward, am going to make some spacers to do so and will post pics, will look pretty good I think.

The Givi bars have been great for me, saved the bike and my leg, the other bars I've seen (Motech) wouldn't have saved my leg in the 'bike-fiesta conflict' I had. It's not just the fairing you're trying to protect eh?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got the Givi bars and just mounted a motech bashplate. The Givi bars conflict with the bashplate and can't be fitted without jiggling. I haven't fitted the bars back on yet but I think they will by moving the bashplate about 4cm forward, am going to make some spacers to do so and will post pics, will look pretty good I think.

The Givi bars have been great for me, saved the bike and my leg, the other bars I've seen (Motech) wouldn't have saved my leg in the 'bike-fiesta conflict' I had. It's not just the fairing you're trying to protect eh?
Thanks for the info, I prefer the look of the Motech bashplate so will be interested to see if you can make it work :thumbright:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts