Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought this Givi rack for £10 online,
it came off a GS1100, but for the price I thought I’d try n make it fit. I removed original Honda rack but not sure I can use the mounting plate. Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fender Gas Glove Anyone know if these racks are all the same and just require plate to fit bike ? Or are they made different to match individual models ?
Does anyone have picture of mounting details ?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
the plate here will take any Givi monokey top box. it is a generic item.

but ....you need the fixings to attach it to a Transalp 700 rear carrier

you can get the Givi plate AND the fixings here

i am not sure you can get the fixings separately though

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i would just get some nuts and bolts and spacers etc and try to bolt it on anyway you can

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks chaps. Looks like I’ll need to make up some plates then. Fasteners shouldn’t be a problem and I can make spacers on the lathe

·
Registered
Honda Transalp 650 Bj. 2004 Suspension AT RD04 and some other Mods
14 Posts
Thanks chaps. Looks like I’ll need to make up some plates then. Fasteners shouldn’t be a problem and I can make spacers on the lathe
Hello i think i can help you, i had same problem with my 650, and i found out you need a different mounting plate ( Givi about 60 Euro ) or a angle grinder like me.
Problem with this plate is , it is perfect for a BMW GS but not for us, you need to cut the sides to get a flat bottom, i found no way to srew it on the original rack so i build a new one.

If you dont want to build something buy the universal mounting plate for givi mono key
Glasses Automotive lighting Grille Helmet Hood

I hope that helps you, best regards

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello i think i can help you, i had same problem with my 650, and i found out you need a different mounting plate ( Givi about 60 Euro ) or a angle grinder like me.
Problem with this plate is , it is perfect for a BMW GS but not for us, you need to cut the sides to get a flat bottom, i found no way to srew it on the original rack so i build a new one.

If you dont want to build something buy the universal mounting plate for givi mono key
View attachment 166723

I hope that helps you, best regards
Thanks for that. It’s on my list of things to do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts