Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife just got a text from our daughter in Uni visiting friends in Glasgow -- " don't worry, I'm all right " turned on Sky News, a police chopper has just crash landed onto a pub near her digs.
Bloody hell. hope there are no major injuries, but it doesn't look good :(

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I've suggested they get some buckets and start a collection at the NEC as there's going to be loads of families affected by this. Sounds staggering what happened, followed by an equally staggering response from the Glaswegians.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
I've suggested they get some buckets and start a collection at the NEC as there's going to be loads of families affected by this. Sounds staggering what happened, followed by an equally staggering response from the Glaswegians.
Good idea. It all sounds horrendous. :(

·
Administrator
1,778 Posts
Good idea. It all sounds horrendous. :(
Thank goodness there was no fire or explosion - I gathere there were a lot of people in the bar, so the number of victims is surprisingly small. No doubt that was helped by the swift and selfless actions of passers-by and the emergency services. My heart goes out to all those affected by this incident

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Glad no one in your family was caught up in it, John. I also hope no one else on here has family caught up in it, it looks devastating on the news and fatalities are being reported :(

I have a cousin who lives not too far away (a few miles) and thankfully he was not there. Can't imagine what it must be like if you know a loved one was at that bar and you've not heard from them.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Just seen this on the 7pm news when i got home hope they find out what caused it sooner rather than later and obviously that the local people and families are ok. Unfortunate incident but similar surrounding to the one in london earlier this year

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They reckon either the rear rotor malfunctioned,or the engine failed as they heard it spluttering, but I suspect that they will take some time to find out.
The gravity of it all began to sink in with me this morning, my daughter passed it twice that night and would have been passing again had she not walked her friend to get a bus home, went a different route. Doesn't bear thinking about.

My heart goes out to all those affected, hope the remaining bodies can be taken out shortly.

·
Hill Rider
3,094 Posts
Just found out today that the wifes second cousin's son Mark (John, thats Micheal Phimisters son) worked in the bar.

He was outside having a *** when the chooper came down!

As John and I were discussing just yesterday, best we don't know whats round the corner.

Steve T

:cool:

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Just found out today that the wifes second cousin's son Mark (John, thats Micheal Phimisters son) worked in the bar.

He was outside having a *** when the chooper came down!

As John and I were discussing just yesterday, best we don't know whats round the corner.

Steve T

:cool:
And they say smoking kills you! Seriously, glad he's ok and thoughts are with all of those who didn't come out of it so well, and their families too of course.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts