Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having trouble with my shoulder but after seeing chiropractor and plenty of ice packs, I was feeling better this morning.

My wife said so are you going out on the bike , its such a nice day and it might help you de-stress..

I was away in a shot ...

So taking it very easy (shoulder still sore) .. made my way up to Ballater via the south deeside road and various back roads.

It seemed I was trying to find the grittiest and sandy roads in the area, but with no incidents, I found myself on the Balmoral back road.

Only to come across a road closed sign... (bridge at Balmoral Closed) , ok turn around and head back into Ballater..

First Stop .. West of Ballater

So , after a couple of minutes off to Braemar

Stopped at the Cafe , for refreshments , then headed up to GlenShee..
The road was very good, hardly any grit, stopped a couple of time on the way up to the Ski lift..

Up over the top , the ski area was full ,, lots of people about.. then headed over the top , down the Blairgowrie road..

The Glen Itself.

Some assorted pictures ..

Headed down the Glen onto Forfar then Montrose, for a quick picture of Bamse Bamse Dog Hero - Montrose Heritage Trust

Then Headed back to Aberdeen .. (207 miles today.. do not know how I did that, must have been all those back roads :rolleyes:)

Cold and Tried , sore shoulder, yes.. but I also have a smile ..

:thumbleft::thumb::thumbright::p

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Fantastic pics!

Gotta be some calendar contenders in there. :thumbright:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Fantastic part of the world. Bike looking good...

Hope the shoulder keeps on the mend :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Nice one LWR :thumbright: I cant wait for my first ride after being laid up for a while :thumbup: cant imagine the scenery will be as beautiful as that tho :D

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Was keeping an eye out for you today mate, I was out on the p*ss in Blairgowrie last night on the way back from the bike show in Edinburgh and came up the Glenshee road and over by Tomintoul to get home. While driving from Braemar I thought you might be out on that road and said to Fiona it was one of your favourites. Brought back memories of when myself and SteveT came over that way with you last yr.
Looks like a good ride was had mate, well done. Hope to see you out and about soon.

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like this shot the best, now my desktop wallpaper for the week,

Frad.. Thanks and get well soon ..
:thumbright:

Jim ... Aye , it was a lovely day ...

Well look out for me, you canna miss me NOW.. I took to wearing a reflective waistcoat...
Had a close one , when car pulled out in front of me , last time I was out..

Even got a thumbs up from traffic cop in Banchory.. (well I think it was thumbs ups.) LoL

White / Blue Helmet , Yellow Reflective Waistcoat ...

Be Safe, Be Seen,..... :thumb:

We will all meet up soon, I hope :thumbleft:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Hi lwr
Well looks like you went south and I went North on Saturday morning :p
shot off to Tomintoul via the Lecht then back via the Cabrach after a nice egg and bacon roll:D

found a snow covered lane and went off road a bit.. ( dodgie knee sore today mind...) was going to give the bike some tlc sat morning but thought I would make a better job of getting it dirty before giving it a major strip down and clean :hitler:

will post pics if I can ever get them of my soddin Iphone :happy6:

great how riding makes you forget all aches and pains:thumbup::thumbup:

weather was real good, sunday looked good too but was getting browny points while the 'rest' were west coasting it :confused::confused::confused::confused:

looking forward to Oban.. as I may be able to swing friday night but back Sat.....

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Ray

Yip, saturday was a lovely day ..

Yeah my TA needs a good clean now as well..

I also was getting brownie points on sunday, but managed couple of hours out on sunday afternoon down at stonehaven..

Cheers :thumbleft::thumbleft:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
but managed couple of hours out on sunday afternoon down at stonehaven..

Cheers :thumbleft::thumbleft:
swift half at the pub? :cool:

great on a sunny day and wooho double figures on the temperature scale , the + side too which is a bonus

·
Bus Driver
245 Posts
i know the guy that runs the wee hotel at Cock Bridge, we stayed with him for a week in aug08, he had a CBR1000F at that time,
beuatiful part of the world.. although it rained most of the time

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Popular sign that one :D

this is my 2hr run Alford- Strathdon-Cock Bridge - Lecht- Tomintoul- Dufftown- Carbrach- Lumsdon - Alford..

have never stopped at the pub at Cock bridge, as I an usualy hammering up the hill with a big grin on my face :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts