Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
melissa theuriau xxxxx
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When i am not out on my Transalp i am charging about here and Europe on my old 1962 lambretta.
The problems you get with older vehicles can now be sorted with newer materials or components i now have 15bhp :p over standard 7bhp :( and 12v lighting so thought about a HID conversion i posted a question on my scooter forum and got back an interesting article, makes very good reading.
Anybody here had these problems

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

·
Registered
779 Posts
Daniel Stern knows his stuff and is, unsurprsingly, 100% correct in this case. Anyone looking to upgrade the lighting on their car could do a lot worse than to spend a long time on his site.

If you want more light than the 12V gives then LED's are the way forwards, but for high beams only and will cause EXTREME dazzle if left on accidentally. It's not a case of will you have the problems, it's a case of how bad will the problems be? The marketting tricks pulled by the companies on CCT alone (claiming a bigger number was better, when in fact the closer to ~4000 you can get the better, and anything approaching 10,000 is awful) made me doubt them from the start, and so articles bemoaning the use of aftermarket HID's are of no surprise to me. These people are just out there to make money and don't give a toss about safety.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Thats an exellent artical by daniel stern

I used to fit cibie headlight units to my bikes
back in the seventies which were a big improvement
over standard,and helped maintain an higher speed.
(maybe I thought I was racing the BolDor!)
I have a different aproach these days when using
the standard transalp headlight ---------
SLOW DOWN and ride with the light thats available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts