Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tortoise 'Flash' which was a gift from my Mum and Dad on my 4th Birthday has eventually subcommand to old age and shuffled off his mortal coil today.

Forty odd years I've had him and now he has gone. My kids are having a funeral tomorrow.

Never mind...

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
I don't want you to think of it as losing a tortoise, but as gaining an ash tray.

This may seem a harsh thing to say, but as someone who lost a parrot after 25 years and had to put up with having Monty python being recited at me whenever I sought sympathy, I don't see why you should get off scot free.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want you to think of it as losing a tortoise, but as gaining an ash tray.
I was actually given two tortoises for my fourth birthday the aforementioned Flash and his mate 'Gogo'
When I was still a teenager Gogo died and I suggested to mum I could make an ashtray out of her. My Mum was appalled and took Gogo away and buried her in an unmarked grave.

I only today found out where as the grave had been reopened to accommodate Flash.

Jokes welcome... I'm a big boy now

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts
I was actually given two tortoises for my fourth birthday the aforementioned Flash and his mate 'Gogo'
When I was still a teenager Gogo died and I suggested to mum I could make an ashtray out of her. My Mum was appalled and took Gogo away and buried her in an unmarked grave.

I only today found out where as the grave had been reopened to accommodate Flash.

Jokes welcome... I'm a big boy now

why stop at an ashtray
you could have a matching set

:D:D

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Condolences mate, ours went a few years ago, sambo was of unknown age when my grandad found him during the war and he was in the family 60 years+ when he failed to awake from his last hibernation. They're strange creatures but somehow they slowly work they're way into our hearts.We used to have a chain attached to a hole drilled in the rear of his shell to stop him wandering off down the railway at the end of the garden,if he escaped the track workers used to drop him back a few days later.
Full sympathies from us,talk of ashtrays and cricket boxes frowned upon.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
First pet called Flash, or Gogo? What's your mother's maiden name?:D

I am pretty sure I have seen you in a dodgy video.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
A funeral eh... i said that to one of the kids when they asked about the tortoise dying, i said "we'll have a nice funeral and have all your friends round, we'll have jelly and ice cream and sweets and party games to celebrate his long life" and he said "can we fekkin kill it now dad" :D

old i know but chuckles me.

thats a long time to have a pet and you must be gutted, just trying to cheer you up, keep smiling m8 :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts