Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to depress you all, but I have to vent my depression and frustrations somewhere. Thing is, my parents went out today looking for a new shop to buy only to find the shop (in Hastings) was surrounded by boarded up hovels, homeless tramps and Third World ghettos (the whole town was like it!). Not only that, but on the journey there they found out that a lot of the businesses that have been there since before I was around have gone under (knocked down, boarded up etc.)! :(

I mean, it wasn't even this bad under the Tories and I thought they were bad! "New Labour" say that they've done a great job! Where?! And Tony Blair says he wants to carry on with his grand scheme and put his mark on history. Pleeeease don't do ANYMORE to this country! I think the longer he and "New Labour" stay in power the deeper in the s**t we'll all go. Do ANYTHING, even drop him on Iraq as a new terror weapon, just get rid of him before he does anymore damage to this country!

*Sigh!* Thank god I've finally got that out of my system....Still upsetting though, seeing the whole country going tits up because of a minority of a-holes up the top. :( But oh, I forgot, it's all because us "peasants" are lazy and greedy, isn't it?! That's the reason why the country's gone to the dogs! :roll: :twisted:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Just let me know mate when you want to delete this, I understand getting this frustration out is good therapy
Surely you should just delete all Taz's postings automatically and then re-post the few that he's thought about and still wants people to read.

·
Professional Geek
393 Posts
Aahhh don't be mean. Nowt wrong with a spirited post here and there, spices things up for us all.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone can vent their spleen in my presence, not fussed.

That said, market forces do as they please and yes, most small town centres have gone to the wall. And that's cos we all choose the convenience of an out-of town supermarket with free parking. It's our fault I'm afraid, not the government.

(And we elected the bu99ers anyway).

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fewtrees said:
Just let me know mate when you want to delete this, I understand getting this frustration out is good therapy :)
Whealie said:
Just let me know mate when you want to delete this, I understand getting this frustration out is good therapy
Surely you should just delete all Taz's postings automatically and then re-post the few that he's thought about and still wants people to read.
:? Go ahead if you want. I still think that Blair is the best weapon al-Qaeda have against this country. Turning this country into a wasteland, he is. And don't expect it to end once he's gone, 'cause you can fully expect Brown to be exactly the same.

djadams said:
That said, market forces do as they please and yes, most small town centres have gone to the wall. And that's cos we all choose the convenience of an out-of town supermarket with free parking. It's our fault I'm afraid, not the government.
Yes, that is mainly the truth about superstores, but what about 2 thirds of fuel prices being government tax? Do you remember all those independent fuel stations that were dotted all through the country before all the taxes put them out of business? Since I've been in Exeter (4 years) there have been many, many fuel stations that have closed down and even been flattened; simply been wiped out of existance! And why, not so much because of world oil prices, but because "New Labour" (ie. Brown) has used fuel taxes as a way of funding central government! Nope, not for funding the NHS, fuel technology developement, public transport, roads etc, but for funding government ministers' life styles and elections. They're the only ones who get anything outa these extortionate backdoor taxes that everyone has to pay (rich, poor, chairman of the board or the unemployed), not the country. :twisted:

djadams said:
(And we elected the bu99ers anyway).
Who did?! In the last election I voted for UKIP! Now I don't vote at all after I realised that, whoever gets in, none of them will help the average Joe. Politicians are only out to help themselves and their boardroom buddies.

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Taz Don't bother me either and I love the new title :lol:

We need controversy, stops us getting boring, I'm afraid it's our old friend market forces that's shutting the shops and fuel (like booze) has always been an easy target for any colour politician.

Really sad to see anyone voting for UKIP though, if you thought Maggie was right wing, she ain't got nothing on these and the BNP, don't forget it was Hitler who blamed the "imigrants" and the liberals for the downfall of the economy and at least Blair hasn't gone round closing down the manufacturing and other industries like Maggie did, anyone else remember the unemployment figures for 1982, my name was on the list then!

·
Senior Consulting Member
1,982 Posts
Whealie said:
:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

·
Senior Consulting Member
1,982 Posts
Dilbert said:
....at least Blair hasn't gone round closing down the manufacturing and other industries like Maggie did, anyone else remember the unemployment figures for 1982, my name was on the list then!
I'm not a big fan of Blair, but I'm with Elvis Costello when it comes to Thatcher - I'd like to dance on her grave. IMO the UK has never recovered from the 80's.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Dilbert said:
anyone else remember the unemployment figures for 1982, my name was on the list then!
Ahhh memories, 1982, my very first job was signing on with the extremely grubby, crumpled UB40, which I dragged out of my back pocket. They always told me off for being late, which was deliberate as otherwise you had to queue for ages. My way meant I just walked in and out again in 5 seconds flat. Oh and I used to pay half fare on the bus there as well. Best of all, I still owe them 50 quid they overpaid me in 1986 during my second bout of unemployment.

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
YEN_POWELL said:
They always told me off for being late, which was deliberate as otherwise you had to queue for ages.
Now if you really want to talk about facists :lol:

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thatcher is Blair's BIG hero! And I get the feeling that he also wants to turn this country into a little version of the United States of "Everyman for Himself" America, only with the exception of the high backdoor taxes that the Yanks don't have, you understand. In other words, he wants to dismantle the NHS and the benefits system, but still have high stealth taxes in which to fill New Labour's pockets with.

As for immigration, I'll just say this. It was reported on BBC news today that the UK is the ONLY country in Europe (ie the whole West, seeing that the Yanks are very stringent on immigration as well), who still have an "open door policy" as regards who comes to live here, as a result using up the resources of the country and sending money out of the country to their countries of origin. This is simply due to our government having a "Dickens" attitude towards the workforce. Why pay a living wage and provide training to the indigenous population when they can get cheap labour and skilled staff from abroad? Why bother providing a dignified workplace environment and take home pay if they can get some Third Worlder to work for pittance in lousy conditions? It was even reported that industry is now saying enough is enough! But will the government listen? Fat chance! The reason why is because they have, and have always had a very short term view of the future. In government minds, it's more a case of "how can we get maximum profit out of these people for as little expense as possible?", with no thought whatsoever of these people as living human beings who need a house to live in, food to eat, a mode of transport of their own, access to the NHS, water to use, electricity to use etc. etc.

They say that the country doesn't have enough housing. Well, did it ever occur to their tiny greedy little minds that for every person let into the country that's one less house for us? Or what about the lack of water that's been taking place? Does an immigrant use water? Do they use public transport? Do they use electricity? Do they eat? Do they at some point need the NHS? Do they at some point get their own vehicle? Lastly, do they eventually multiply by having kids who'll also need all of the above? But unfortunately, our parasitical narrow minded government don't think of these things. The only thing they can see is short term profits; another cheap form of labour. To them they're just numbers, not living human beings with needs that'll put even more pressure on our already floundering infrastructure. And I haven't even started on the subject of the ones who live in this country who revile and hate us enough to want to blow us up! Oh yes, as I've already pointed out, most of the money that these people earn is destined to go abroad to their countries of origin, hence weakening our economy.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Taz, hating to point out a perverse fact though, but if you don't exercise your democratic right to vote you really shouldn't criticise government policy as it indicates you don't want an influence on how the country is run.

Having said that though, the government do have some interesting policies regarding how they run the country.

Immigration is a good thing though, as "British" people think that lots of jobs are beneath them, especially since a greater proportion of people go to Uni and get pointless degrees in pointless subjects.

immigrants to pay tax are not the problem, immigrants who don't pay tax and subside off government hand outs or work illegally are the problem, but having said that I have an equal dislike for Brits who do these things.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
if you don't exercise your democratic right to vote you really shouldn't criticise government policy as it indicates you don't want an influence on how the country is run
Not wishing to defend Taz here, but this statement is wrong. Voting is decreasingly important in UK politics and in influencing political decisions.
The Poll tax, for example, was overturned by civil disobedience, including by millions of people who simply failed to register themselves to vote. I wrote about this in The Guardian some years back (http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,3853887,00.html) and the numbers who fell of the electoral roll was staggering.
It used to be just anarchists who said "if voting changed anything they'd make it illegal" but nowadays most students of politics will spend more time looking at campaigning and lobby groups, non-governmental organisations, community groups and other non-electoral groups. In most elections more people do not vote than vote for the party that wins. In the last election more people did not vote than voted for the party that won. Turnout is falling as more people realise there are other ways to engage in politics.
Even people who do vote but who want to influence government have to get involved in other activities and it is actually the other activities that have most influence. The influence of voting is, at best, marginal - and it only happens every four or five years. Arguably, people who vote but then do nothing between elections are the ones who have indicated that they do not want to influence how the country is run.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Thatcher .... My Hero.

She did more for this country than anyone else has. Took a stand against the world .... earned the respect of the world too. Britain had a Voice and people listened.

For me the 80's were a facinating time .... Yes, I come from a Mining Family and the winter of 1982 was very bad, but I dont hold that against her ..... This country learn't to survive and diversify. Thatcher wouldnt have cut the armed forces .... she was in favour of our Military.

Look at Crime .... anyone remember the SPG ??? Police powers today are a joke. The IRA Tried to kill her on more than one occasion yet she stood prowd.

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
willb said:
Taz, hating to point out a perverse fact though, but if you don't exercise your democratic right to vote you really shouldn't criticise government policy as it indicates you don't want an influence on how the country is run.
Come on then, who do I vote for? Both Labour and the Tories have proven themselves to be untrustworthy greed merchants (I can NEVER vote for either EVER), and the Liberals? Look at their name to see what a soft touch they'd be; very charitable with other people's jobs and soft on crime. So again, who do I vote for?

willb said:
immigrants to pay tax are not the problem, immigrants who don't pay tax and subside off government hand outs or work illegally are the problem, but having said that I have an equal dislike for Brits who do these things.
And I trust you don't include people with disabilities as regards being spongers because they claim benefits?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Not that I advocate the extreme right wing attitudes of the National Front / Front 242 and other Right Wing extremests / facista / white supremacists.... I think these small minded bigots are scum

The BNP would get my vote.

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And that's the reason why I wouldn't vote for them either.

·
Registered
542 Posts
It doesn't matter who you vote for in my opinion, you could stand yourself if you care that strongly, but by not voting you effectively disenfranchise yourself from the political process.

I have nothing against lobby groups and agree they can be useful, but I still don't like civil disobedience or complaining about a government when you haven't voted. It kind of seems like you have a view, but can't be bothered to follow the due process and expect to get what you want just because you shout loudest.

I do not think that people with genuine disabilities are a spongers, poeple who claim disability yet who are not I do call spongers.

If you can work I think you should, rather than getting handout from the government for life, whereas people who work have to pay taxes throughout their life, then if they have a house have to sell it for nursing care whilst those who haven't get it for free. Not really fair.

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Tough day at home then Taz :lol: You think to much about all this stuff dude, go out and treat yourself with a nice gift :D

Myself being a "foreigner" in this country can only say I have always paid my taxes in the UK and don't claim any benefits or whatever there is to claim from the state. I pay NI as well so feel it is only fair if I do need to see a doctor to go and get the help I have paid for over the last couple of years.

It is however sad if I see over the last 6 years how this country is picking up rapid speed down hill in lawlessness and the general attitude of everybody wanting something for nothing. Can understand why so many brits are opting for different shores and don't blame them for going. Just remember where your roots are will always be home and impossible to ignore that irregardless where you from. There is not a day where I don't get up thinking of packing up all my stuff and moving back to Africa, and not because the UK has been bad to us instead it's been fantastic expierence but there is no place like home at the end of the day.

I know nothing about politics and would not comment on it unless I actually voted at the poll stations. As for disabilities and claiming benefits, if you are really sick and suffer some terrible disease or whatever absolutely no problem with some help needed or gained from various sources. There is of course always the pisstakers that has absolutely nothing wrong with them draining the system :evil:

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
willb said:
It doesn't matter who you vote for in my opinion, you could stand yourself if you care that strongly, but by not voting you effectively disenfranchise yourself from the political process.
Thing is, I'm not talking about me giving up on voting here, but rather the fact that the country's being driven to the wall by a bunch of power/money hungry, opportunists. None of them will or are even interested in helping the Joe in the street or the country as a whole, just themselves. Look at Prescott as the perfect example of a freeloader! What's he do for all his money, I ask you? And the Tories? Just the same. The Liberals? Sunder School naive jerks! So again, who is there to vote for? I know one thing, I'm not going to vote just for the sake of it.

But we are diverting somewhat. This thread is all to do with the state of the country and the scum up the top who've made it so. It's NOT about my own voting habits.

Maverick said:
Tough day at home then Taz :lol: You think to much about all this stuff dude, go out and treat yourself with a nice gift :D
Tell me about it... :x

1 - 20 of 45 Posts