Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening Gentlemen,
Doesn't time fly. Hope you are all well. Ive tried to post before but after tons of typing at silly oclock in the morning and losing it all being asked to log in again, after the third attempt i gave up. I saw this had happened to others.
However i have been reading through the posts on a regular basis and some of my questions have been asked by others.

I havent got the RD03 on the road yet, firstly, i tried to cover it as an additional bike on my existing policy (1200 52 plate bandit) which my annual premium is around £130... there is 6mnths remaining. 'Be Wiser'
wanted a further £100 to cover AT third party only for remaining 6mnths.
Which i thought was ridiculous. So i was going to look around but then didnt want two policies! So she is sat in the garage being cleaned and minorly serviced. whilst i make up my mind. She is rather beautiful.

I was wondering what oil you all use and this has recently been covered although no definitive answer. Would halfords own be good enough, ive used it before seems fine to me.

Chain lube... i use Wurth Dry chain but i feel AT needs more of a wet lube,
any favourites?

I am finding it so difficult to find parts for the bike, everyone has them for
XRV 750 but not 650.
Amongst others i have tried Touratech, Lings (for headlight protector)
Motad to see if they did an exhaust, David Silvers, jf motorsport, Motorbike parts, and so on.
Wemoto has lots of pads n pins etc but thats about it. Ebay is similar Toms bike parts has some stuff but not what im after.

I shall post a wanted note.
Of the things im looking for would anybody know if these are interchangeable with other models, i guess either RD04 and Transalp.

Im after a main stand, headlight protector, engine crash bars,
Nice exhaust and link pipe ( dont want cbr i think thats whats on her now and dont look right). Is their any where that definately has any of these for sale?

Hepco n becker have crash bars at £175, bit steep i thought.

Anyways wont waffle too much, have loads of questions but for now any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Li.

·
Registered
461 Posts
can probably help with the zorst,

I have an original of an RD04. Good condition apart from the 2" piece that links into the link pipe (if you see what I mean) a decent welder would make it like new again. It was on from new so is 19yrs old.

Or it could be used as is, I only took it off as I got another brand new one cheap as chips.

Let me know if it helps

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hi Li
Use any correct rating 10-40 semi synthetic oil. I use car stuff with no ill affects to the clutch (40K). I always use a gear oil 80/90W for the chain (£12ish for 5l in Screwfix and a small squirter oil can ). Oil it every other ride and your chain will last well and it will save you hundreds in chain lube cans.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys,
Thanks for replies and advice,

Farm boy, thanks for offer of zorst, i do have the original off the rd03, it rattles like mad so i reckon the insides have rusted it weighs a ton aswell. is the rd04 the same as this as ive never seen one before?

I noticed in another link you say you had cancer, well done for dealing with it and getting through it. My cousin had mouth cancer and had his jaw bone removed and a bone graft from his arm plus skin grafts and new teeth, hes doing well.
Eat good food and laugh lots.

Barftone thanks for the advice on oil, will be off to screwfix over the weekend.

Digital Captive, thanks to you also, i do check the German and italian ebays but crashbars and main stands havent come up yet, also the postage is a lot. I will just have to be patient and keep searching.

cheers Li.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
How much is the fish?
422 Posts
SW Motech crash bars from Wemoto for the RD04 will fit the RD03.

White are cheaper than black and look great with the RD03 colours
You can get these from Germany cheaper even with the delivery cost. I´ve just bought some for £127 including delivery.

For insurance try Footman James and their "Classic" policy. Insure your XRV then add the Bandit as a second bike when the insurance is due - it worked out much cheaper for me when I had my Bandit than insuring the Bandit on its own.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Morning,
another beautiful UK day,

Thanks for wemoto link Wheelie, I agree the white bars look perfect on the rd03. Would be my first choice, then chrome.

Knobblywobbly, thanks too for Ebay Germany link and insurance info.
Just to double check; these bars are for a 1990-03 750, and they will definitely fit my 1988 650?

Cheers Li.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts