Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all hope you have sobered up from Normandy, I have never drunk so much, 2 or 3 beers a year is my limit.
Going to do a trip to Stelvio Pass and around that area anyone got a good route across, was thinking Black Forest A500 south turn east head for landeck area. after a few days in Austrian Alps I head West ride the Route Grand Alp South and this time and without the Snow.
Best Regards A3

·
Registered
132 Posts
hi mate,

just got back from the alps 2 weeks ago, brilliant area, we went down to reims area (france) stayed there one night then headed up towards nurburg (had another look at the ring, didn't go on this time!! ) stayed in frankfurt second night, then arrived in alps afternoon on thursday, stayed off the auto routes mostly, no tolls paid in germany .
if your looking for a hotel , can highly recommend.
www.iselsbergerhof.at 3 nights with breakfast, evening meal, and beers came to 150.00 euros each !!!!!! and i had my own room.
the hotel is in the tirol region of austria, all bikers (bmw riders, but still!!)
in the hotel, great laugh..

heading down to stelvio my self in september, all being well.

good luck .

mac.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
If you use a Garmin GPS (or can get someone to print them for you) you might find the attached useful. You'll need to "calculate" each route as I had to set them into direct mode in order to cut the file size down!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Going to do a trip to Stelvio Pass and around that area anyone got a good route across, was thinking Black Forest A500 south turn east head for landeck area. after a few days in Austrian Alps I head West ride the Route Grand Alp South and this time and without the Snow.
Hi,
I suggest you an amazing route in that area. Black Forest is fine (I went to last year) and from there you can go on to Fuessen, where there's the most famous castle in Germany (Neuschwanstein), Reutte, Fernpass, Imst (Austria) and instead of going to Landeck I suggest you to take the road (186) that crosses the Oeztal and goes to Timmelsjoch (Passo del Rombo in Italian). Get down to S.Leonardo in Passiria, then Merano and from there take the road towards Passo Resia (Reschenpass in German) and along that road you meet the route that takes you to Passo dello Stelvio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts