Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Geeking it out!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using Google's new web browser? Google Chrome

I've just downloaded, first impressions pretty good, whether as good as Firefox I'm not yet sure, certainly a slighty different way of browsing. And far superior to the clunky ie7

It can be downloaded HERE

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
It's bloody quick isn't it..... noticeably so. Well for me anyway.

L

·
0 Posts
Beta testing IE8 atm and not impressed even though I've always stuck with IE...

Always seen firefox as a "linux we will assimalate you" attempt... but now google as jumped in I am interested...

Does it seem stable, and does it seem OK on all the websites?? (getting major compatability errors with IE8)

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Just installed it. It was very quick to load the first page I tried (this site). Oh, there's an automatic spell-checker too!

·
Geeking it out!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did wonder reading this bit on The Reg. from the licence....

The Register said:
11. Content licence from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights that you already hold in Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content, you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.
I just presumed it was a get out for listing say writings on forums within Google, surly nothing sinister from good ol' cuddly Google :rolleyes:

I'm still liking it, does move very fast and seems to have some great security features too, for example each tab being sandboxed and if a tab grinds to a halt on dodgy code or whatever it doesn't bring the rest of the browser down, just that tab.

However one feature I'm not to sure about, it's imported all my Firefox saved form data as requested, but user names can now be displayed in a seperate window, and if I hit the "show password" button, it....shows the password. I realise as it's saved form data so if anyone on my PC went to that page the username and password would auto fill, but now they can see a list of all my pages that have saved passwords, save the effort of trawling through my bookmarks :(

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Beta testing IE8 atm and not impressed even though I've always stuck with IE...

Always seen firefox as a "linux we will assimalate you" attempt... but now google as jumped in I am interested...

Does it seem stable, and does it seem OK on all the websites?? (getting major compatability errors with IE8)

I am utterly amazed that anyone went so far as to use IE7, never mind IE8.

I started using Firefox because IE was so shot full of security holes it wasn't true (and even less funny).

When I was at Queen's University Belfast, the IT crowd refused to let anyone use IE for that exact reason.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
nunquam scienter utilis
665 Posts
Try Opera. It's a quick, tabbed, FREE browser, and you won't get tangled up with google's dirty tricks.

·
Geeking it out!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The force is strong,listen to the voices in your head:D:D:D:thumbup:
Noooo the Germans are out to get me, I've just started browsing the F800GS thread, and I've only just bought an @T

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
I am utterly amazed that anyone went so far as to use IE7, never mind IE8.

I started using Firefox because IE was so shot full of security holes it wasn't true (and even less funny).

When I was at Queen's University Belfast, the IT crowd refused to let anyone use IE for that exact reason.
It's actually not that simple from a business or personal point of view.
You're clearly informed but the majority of people aren't.
66% of the visitors to our site use IE.
My mum and dad get confused by the basics so wouldn't even think about using anything different. They probably don't even know what a web browser is! :D

And at work we are pretty much tied in to Microsoft technologies so the intranet I look after has 68,000 users using IE.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts