Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Cie's recommendation I've taken a look at Google Maps to see what it could offer us.
I'm not totally sure of its use to us, so I'm looking for ideas, and suggestions as to how we might use it.

One suggestion is to use it to show any events that we have and where they're taking place?
Perhaps some of the dealers?
Cie also suggested a motorcycle car park database. Which sounds an excellent idea.

The test page:
http://www.xrv.org.uk/googlemaps/test.php

L

·
0 Posts
Like the idea of the dealer locater. Would it be possible to show any ride-out routes recommended by the chaps on here. LB.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Works fine for me.

·
Frodo's Half brother
1,215 Posts
Hhhhmmm! Clicking the link opens a new window as you'd expect but then up pops a windows error message - as is usual with window errors it is less than helpful! I am the only one who's tried it?

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you can see the maps and click and select stuff?

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm not a lot I can do really as the code should be the same.
Will possibly look tomorrow.

Anyone else getting problems with my test page?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Using Firefox - no prob. I tried the test page and it worked OK. The idea of suggested routes sounds good, maybe a library of good rides??? Ooops that sounds a bit dodgy :lol:

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have a Frappr map going for xrv.org members to post their locations but attaching a Google plug in would be more convenient.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think my main aim would be to integrate it in to the site.
I'm still not sure of the benefits yet, and what we can use it for, but it's piqued my interest and I'm doing some fiddling to see what I can do.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts