Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! This is getting out of control.
Just picked up an '03 Vigor in Yellow to add to the fleet.
I really need to stop now - but I love them so much:iconbiggrin:

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Bloody hell Bob i got a Honda fixation but at least its with different models you got it bad with this one :D Are they all on the road and if they are do you ride one in particular or do you take each one in turn :D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Four on the road, two in storage.
In my insane brain I justify it on the basis that all together they've cost less than a new bike and when I go round the dealers there isn't a single new bike I want to own. I read in MCN last week about a bloke who took the fuel tank off his modern Triumph and turned the ignition on when it was off, the ECU raised a fault code and the MCN expert told him he'd be looking at 2.5 hours labour to reset everything.
New bikes are of no interest to me, Euro 4 is the final nail in the coffin that Euro 3 started to nail down - I don't want ABS, fly by wire, fuel pumps and fuel injection so I'm securing my riding future.
I try to use them all evenly, except the red one which I bought specifically for commuting and motorway slogging, so that's the one that gets the hammer.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Four on the road, two in storage.
In my insane brain I justify it on the basis that all together they've cost less than a new bike
That makes a lot of sense to me, for years i used to have people saying i wish i could afford to own and run as many bikes as you as if i was some kind of millionaire, they couldn't get in their heads that all 4 of my bikes cost less than 6k bought over 12 years and their one bike cost 12k or more. I tend to buy stuff and don't sell just renewed my wife's car after owning it for 14 years and still got my car owned it for 12 years same with bikes :D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahah, great minds as they say!
I do about 12K miles a year so I need the bikes to cover that. I reckon I've got 20 odd years worth of Vigors here (not including the 4 spare engines)
Cars, I never gave a toss what car the wife had until 3 years ago when I persuaded her to buy an old vitara GV1600, she's done 30K miles in it and with regular servicing (by me) it's never missed a beat. We go green laning in it and I look on it as a four wheel Vigor, not fast, not sexy, but so damn dependable and flexible. Love it, I intend for her to keep that as long as it'll last. In fact a bit of my sensibilities must be rubbing off on her because she said "It's a shame we haven't got the room to buy another one and put it up on bricks for when this one's done" - sometimes I remember why I married her;)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Sometimes I wish I still lived in England....
Here in Denmark I cant afford new bikes because the import and registration taxes are set at 180%.
Even 20 yr old bikes get hit but not quite as much..
I have two bikes as does my son and every time I feel like moving home ,I just go for a ride on the empty Danish well surfaced roads and all is good again..:D:D:D
I quite fancy one of them Vigors but I am not prepared to pay twice the price you guys pay..:(:(:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts