Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, glad to see this page alive and well.

I left a number of years ago after my old RD04 (pictured above) tried to give up the ghost I gave it to my mechanic as a thank you for all his years of sweat, toil and blood charging me mates rates.

I went over to a ....ahem.....im sorry..... a triumph tiger but missed my old RD04 terribly.

about 6 months ago my mechanic mate called me to say he had found a 'Barn find' RD04 and I jumped at the chance to own it, I purchased it loads of replacement parts and he completely restored it for me over a few months including a complete rebuild of the engine ( I've never seen so many bits in one place) she is now simply stunning! I am now keeping it for ever.

So what became of my old Africa Twin....my mate completely restored that one too (including replacing the dreaded output shaft)

the joy of riding with him is almost on a brokeback level!!

its love (not with him, he's a ginger, I mean the bike)

Happy New year to you all.

Reactions: fizzy nick

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Welcome back. Any pics of the new bike?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome back !

Glad your enjoying the bike, Paddy put a lot of time into it ! Ran like a Swiss watch when it left the shop,
I had my doubts when I saw the engine laid out in so many bits on the bench. But despite being ginger he
Is the man.

Enjoy 2017 hopefully we can get out to Salisburyagain soon !

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dare i ask ? do you have any spare panels you would like to sell ?

Ps your a very lucky chap to get the chance to get a barn find at with spares to.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Rod, I also owe you a huge thank you for your part in owning the dream machine.
You are right paddy is the man, he's a genius and a very loyal friend but i couldn't have posted without insulting him!....his rules not mine.
Can't wait for the weather to warm up just a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts