·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:blob5::blob5::cheers:
'93 RD07(?)
43,500km

Very nice condition.

Can't play with it yet as I've got to wait for the Germans to finish partying this week(German Carnival time) to get the paperwork straight, then I'll be over in jolly old (expensive) England for a few days...but should be on the road monday week:thumbright:

Incidentally, I had a ride of a '97 Transalp this afternoon, so a good chance to do a direct comparison;
I'm tall (and a fat barstard:lol:) and despite rumours to the contrary, my long legs fitted fine on the TA. However the @ was better. The problem was the seat on the TA that meant I was constantly sliding forward on it, banging my nadgers on the tank.

Both seemed to have similar power and stopping ability. The @ seemed to be slightly better balanced, especially at low speed.

I'm no expert on either and it was my first chance to try out both. I was somewhat in awe of the size of 'em, but neither presented any problem.

The TA was in ****e order with panels held on with odd bolts, rust here and there, knackered discs, and generally in need of some TLC. It was from a small dealer, and was only 500€ less than my spotless AT!

Anyway, I've now registered, and feel like I properly 'belong' now that I'm no longer a lurking dreamer;) Look forward to maaany posts from me as I try and get my head around the bike...

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
That looks like a cracking example mate, welcome to the fold :thumbup:, like the look of those pannier racks, do you know what make they are?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently it's a Five Star topcase carrier, not sure about the pannier rack...unfortunately there wasn't a topbox in the deal, so I'll keep my eyes open...

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
good choice :thumbright:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
yup bang on the money Alan they are Givi.

nice looking bike mate , may she give you many miles of smiles ,,,happy new bike:eek:ccasion5:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
yup bang on the money Alan they are Givi.

nice looking bike mate , may she give you many miles of smiles ,,,happy new bike:eek:ccasion5:
Didn't recognise them as Givi as my Givi racks only have 15mm tubing where as they look to be 18mm, they mount differently and mine does not have a brace at the back

·
Nexus 6
1,320 Posts
Happy new bike - nice one too......

·
Registered
6,174 Posts

·
17,680 Posts

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Don't worry about not having a topbox. Most of us use a dry bag strapped on the back

Welcome to the madhouse

·
17,680 Posts
Don't worry about not having a topbox. Most of us use a dry bag strapped on the back

Welcome to the madhouse
yeah but for you its an AIR BRAKE:p:p:p:D

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts