Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about the last 6 months I have been mithering Motad to do a link pipe for a TA650 so I could fit a Venom end can I got from them for a song on ebay. Eventually I think Motad decided they weren't doing just link pipes and offered me a GPR complete system at Trade price. As I have just had a small bonus at work I thought sod it and phoned them up on Tuesday to order it. The exhaust arrived today - Wednesday. Very good so far.:thumbright:

In the box was 3 three bubble wrap sleeves - one with the silencer/end can, one with the link pipe and one with the hanger, brackets, nuts bolts, clamps and stuff, oh and a removable baffle . The only paper work was the GPR guarantee - a rather poor english translation. Some instructions/pictures of how to mount, what goes where etc would have been helpful. Quality looks very good - all welds and rivetting is neat, all the fastners are stainless, athough I think the main bracket is just mild steel (but I am not an expert identifying metals so probably wrong.)

As I also bought my new Halfords 120 piece pro toolset today the temptation to play with 2 new toys at once was too great and I decided it fit it straight away. :p

In total it took me about and hour and half but that included 10minutes sheltering from the rain and I have to remove my pannier frames, which also means removing the rear carrier, which also means removing the top box mounting plate. Also the RHS side panel has to come off. Without all this I reckon it would have taken me half an hour or so.

My old silencer comes off very easily as I have liberally coppereased the bolts and replaced the bottom clamp with a stainless item.

The link pipe was an easy fit and I ought to have replaced the gasket between on the header pipe/silencer/link pipe joint but hadn't ordered one and just scrapped the old one. I have tightened the clamp very very tight and it seems gas tight.

But with the link pipe loosely mounted I offered up the silencer which was a nice smooth push fit. I also offered up the hanging strap - a double strap; folded it round the (oval) silencer and offered it up to the bracket that attaches to the top mounting bolt. The bracket didn't really have enough of a bend in it but as I tightened things up it all went nice taut so I didn't bother with either an additional spacer or bending the bracket more.

There are the usual two springs to hold the end can to the link pipe and a tool to pull them into place was provided - very easy. I then tightned up the link pipe to header pipe clamp very very tightly. Its all very solid despite not having a bracket to attach to the lower mounting bolt that the stock silencer has.

Fitted it is quite long - sticking out as far as the number plate but goes comfortably behind the Metal Mule pannier frames. It looks good in my opinion - pictures to follow when I get a chance in daylight.

The removable baffle would have fitted into the bottom of the end can between the can and the link pipe but I never bothered. I then spotted another little grub screw right at the end of the can, which on undoing allowed a second baffle to be removed. This really releases the exhaust with good bark and a rasp on the overrun. I have left it with both baffles out for now, but may replace the end one as it is very noisy. Rather annoyingly the thread on the grub screw was knackered - cross threaded and I couldn't put it back anyway, although I have cut down an M4 bolt to replace it if I want to put the baffle back in.

These are 2 pictures Motad sent me, hopefully I can get some pics to you tomorrow or friday - friday probably when I am "working from home";)

O

·
0 Posts
And nice to know the price ? Pleeeeeez ;)

Actually it looks to be better than some in the "sidepanel clearance Dept" too !

Where / what country do these originate from ? Interested to know - if Italian i have contacts there - Mmmmm REALLY tempted !

O

·
0 Posts
Mmmmm just chked the web & the are Italian

Oh well - there goes the other halfs Xmas pressie !! :D

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And nice to know the price ? Pleeeeeez ;)

Actually it looks to be better than some in the "sidepanel clearance Dept" too !

Where / what country do these originate from ? Interested to know - if Italian i have contacts there - Mmmmm REALLY tempted !
Italy and Motad said they were selling to me at trade price - £210 +VAT and delivery - £250 something all in. Dunno if they will do it again at that price - you need to talk to Ian Howell on 01922714700

It is good quality a perfect fit and IMHO good value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts