Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi are there any GPS experts on the forum? I am planning a trip around the coast of Ireland this year, I'm plotting my route using the on line satmap xpedition software and downloading as GPX Tracks. All well and good so far, after sorting the glitch with satmaps format I import them to Basecamp and reduce the waypoint count to a sensible number that the Garmin nuvi can handle and try to export to the nuvi. When I open the route in the nuvi it has been refunded routed to the shortest or fastest route :mad: not much good when I want to follow a specific route can anyone help me stop swearing stamping and throwing the damn machines off the wall?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi are there any GPS experts on the forum? I am planning a trip around the coast of Ireland this year, I'm plotting my route using the on line satmap xpedition software and downloading as GPX Tracks. All well and good so far, after sorting the glitch with satmaps format I import them to Basecamp and reduce the waypoint count to a sensible number that the Garmin nuvi can handle and try to export to the nuvi. When I open the route in the nuvi it has been refunded routed to the shortest or fastest route :mad: not much good when I want to follow a specific route can anyone help me stop swearing stamping and throwing the damn machines off the wall?
Can't help regarding the mapping software, but have you checked your basic nuvi settings for preferences. If you've reduced waypoints and then exported as a file, that should be what the Nuvi receives, no more, no less....

I lived in Ireland for a while and did a lot of travelling as a musician...it's well sign-posted and very easy to find your way around...many of the coastal routes are narrow B roads and I'll guarantee you'll take some unplanned detours, based on village names, beautiful views or unscheduled over night Guiness stops...use the nuvi as a back up and follow your nose...you won't go far wrong anywhere in Ireland...:thumbright:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts