Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stanbloke and myself are planning to meet up at Grafham water tomorrow at around 10:30am, the plan is to meet, have a bite to eat and then off for a bimble.......If this tickles your fancy then you are all welcome to join us :thumbup:

The visitor centre is situated here:

Perry
Huntingdon
Cambridgeshire
PE28 0BX

·
Registered
585 Posts
This could tie in nicely if you fancy more of a 'bimble'. Myself and a couple of others are leaving Rugby in the morning and our planned destination is Castle Acre just north of Swaffham. If you fancied cutting in with us we can call into Grafham and hook up. I'll leave it with you. The visitor centre is not at Perry, so are you meeting in the big carpark almost on the causeway or the Fisherman's lodge?. Just let me know if you want us to drop in. You can text to 07794687258, we are setting off at 10.00 and could arrive at Grafham approx 10.45.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer mate but that makes it a 300 mile day for me, which I normally wouldn't screw my nose up at but I've just done a 240 miler today :thumbup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
GUTTED!!!

I'm busy helping a mate decorate his house but if I wasn't I'd be well up for that.

There's some really nice roads to bimble around too........GUTTED!!!

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
It's the Fishermans Lodge we are meeting at.:thumbup::D:D.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Maybe next time mate.......summers nearly here so lots more opportunities ahead :thumbup:
Cool, I'll put a post on here if I'm heading up there too.

I normally ride to Oundleon a Sunday (plenty of Red Kites there) and use Grafham Water as a stop-off on the way home.

I've promised my daughter that I'll take her to both places this year and may be a bit further on to Rutland Water at some point this year too as I'm hoping we might spot an Osprey there.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
to Rutland Water at some point this year too as I'm hoping we might spot an Osprey there.
Last couple of years the the lydon reserve has been the best viewing platform for the breeding pairs, they're stunning creatures to observe ....and only about 30 miles from me:thumbup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Last couple of years the the lydon reserve has been the best viewing platform for the breeding pairs, they're stunning creatures to observe ....and only about 30 miles from me:thumbup:
Do you mean Lyndon Reserve? Not being pedantic, I just don't know the area and it'll be great to see just one let alone a pair of 'em.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you mean Lyndon Reserve? Not being pedantic, I just don't know the area and it'll be great to see just one let alone a pair of 'em.
Yes sorry mate typo!! leave it till a bit later and you might even get to see three if they breed successfully :thumbup:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Yes sorry mate typo!! leave it till a bit later and you might even get to see three if they breed successfully :thumbup:
Take a run up here DC, got ospreys galore...........well, more than three. ;)

Andy.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Go on rub it in!

Next you'll be posting on here that Golden and White Tailed Sea Eagles are as common as House Sparrows :cussing:
Isn't it the house sparrows that are in decline and Tree sparrows the more common? :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts