Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After my short trip this weekend;
http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=313236#post313236

It struck me that fun & great trips can be had on cheaper bikes.

This section is for the highs (and lows) for those of us who are running sub £1000 bikes.

Here is my £900 accident damaged 2001 650 Transalp.
It came with new tyres, C&S & fully serviced & crash bars too and was purchased just over a year ago, so far needed no expenditure and has (obviously) been totaly reliable ;)
(but pretty it ain't)

What have you got?

Phil

·
2,701 Posts
Did i tell you about the RD04 i bought and rode to the national meet with the wife on board ?

Which, including new motad venom can and home made luggage racks/aluminiun boxes stand's me at the grand total of £392.50 :cool::D:D:D

Loaded up on the way home:

p.s.
since pigugly moved this side of the pennine's, he's been coaching me in the art of 'being carefull' with money. :rolleyes::D:D:D

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Chad should be along soon to call you all names! :D

My first bike was great fun DT100, £50, blew the piston after squeezing 55mph out of it, got me through my test - just, sold it for £50 without the rear shocks cos someone stole em!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I have bust your limit with the Zebra, but only because I fitted a Hagon fully adjustable shock that cost £350.

If you costed the time I have spent on her, even at minimum wage rates, then I think I'm in another league. :toothy8:

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Armstrong MT 500

Sign here son

Cheers Sarge

2 month later

Its knackered Sarge can I have another

Sign here son

Cheers Sarge

2 month later

Sign here son

Cheers Sarge

2 month later

Sign here son

Cheers Sarge

2 month later

No FACK OFF

Cheers Sarge

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Did i tell you about the RD04 i bought and rode to the national meet with the wife on board ?

Which, including new motad venom can and home made luggage racks/aluminiun boxes stand's me at the grand total of £392.50 :cool::D:D:D

Loaded up on the way home:

p.s.
since pigugly moved this side of the pennine's, he's been coaching me in the art of 'being carefull' with money. :rolleyes::D:D:D

YA ******* !!!!!:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
fun on cheaper bikes?

you should read this, it's about the 3rd trip report I've read from this guy in the same vein

he's obviously even madder than most antipodeans, but has a way with ride reports that glues me to my chair...

http://www.austouring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1925

ps, worth following the link to his previous ride report cos i'ts even better...

:notworthy:

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just thought I'd rejuvenate this old thread (how old is it....?)
An older Honda 'Grand Tourer' will soon adorn the garage :)

Thinking back, I've had a few of 'em since starting this thread.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts