Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, whadya think ??

Is this the new material that will revolutionise industry ?

I note that the initial concept was hatched in a UK university, Manchester I think, and wasn't patented.
Now the rest of the world have jumped on the bandwagon with China having 2k patents pending, whilst UK have, wait for it ---- 54 :confused:

Next question is -- what component of a motor cycle would you think would benefit from Graphene and who do you think will market it first ??

5 years from now I shall resurrect this thread ;):D

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
It could make some seriously strong luggage and all the clothing including ,crash helmet and boots.:toothy8:
Oh and tyres that won't puncture .:thumbup:
We will have to wait and see as cost will be a major factor in the beginning ,lets say about 20 years till the price comes down

·
Registered
307 Posts
:cool:
There was a programme on BBC 2 early this morning showing you this stuff it looked the business and lends itself to all manners of construction.

BIG D

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
It is apparently a material of the future. New uses are being found / researched all the time.

Chaos theory and fractals still make better T-shirt designs though! :D

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It could make some seriously strong luggage and all the clothing including ,crash helmet and boots.:toothy8:
Oh and tyres that won't puncture .:thumbup:
We will have to wait and see as cost will be a major factor in the beginning ,lets say about 20 years till the price comes down

Mmm, not sure about 20 years :confused:

I reckon the F1 boys will be having a bit of this before too long.

But, just imagine a bike chassis you could lift with your pinkie ?? Awesome :D

Oh daydreams, daydreams :happy2:

·
Very Enthusiastic Member
391 Posts
I think the main/most instant impact is probably gona be through the IC manufacturers, leading to a lot efficient-er and faster components..meaning faster computing etc... so humanity can crunch numbers a lot quicker in simulations and predict the end of the world before it happens :p but alas... we'll probably not prevent it.. maybe a super thin hut made from a single layer of graphene can possibly save us :D

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts