Honda XRV Forum banner
7K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Lulu 
#1 ·
Hi Folks - I'm doing the great north swim this year!

Sounds like a bit of fun - a mile swim across windemere!

I'm doing it for a charity - please help if you can if not please forward on the link to anyone you think may be able to help!

heres my just giving page with the details on it!

thanks

Z

Damian Zelazowski is fundraising for Mid Cheshire Hospitals Charitable Fund

#2 ·
#5 ·
Good luck Zed (and Paul). Both excellent causes, and hope it goes well for you both. :thumbup:

#6 ·
thanks all for the donations - and cheers Phil I may take you up on the chickens!! ;)

:D(not sure V would appreciate me rubbing her chickens all over me!!):rolleyes:

off on another training swim tonight at Salford Quays and then again at pennington flash on monday - hoping for under 40 mins!

will see

Z

#7 ·
Hi folks - thanks to all who sponsored - in the end I raised £450 ish so am well chuffed!

My time was a little slower than i'd hoped as I got caught in loads of swimming traffic in the first half mile and had to keep shifting line and rythm to get round people!
But never the less I was under 40 mins which had been my initial target (actual time 37 mins - way off PB of 32 mins!!)

next year am aiming for under 30 mins - so will see how that goes!

thanks again

D

Reactions: 621andy
#8 ·
Well done Damian

#9 ·
Well done indeed :thumbup:. We might all need to polish up our swimming skills if the summer continues to be as wet as it is now :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.