Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visited the Pyrenees for the first time back in September, to take photos for a group of cyclists doing the "Raid Pyrenees". The scenery and roads were quite fantastic. Here's a video clip coming down the Col de Pailheres:
Transalp XL700V - Raid Pyrenees Descent from Col de Pailheres - YouTube

Roll on the good weather in 2013 - I'm pretty fed up with all of this rain!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
It always amazes me how the cyclists dares to ride that fast.
A light helmet, some very thin gloves, and a set of tight lycra pants! How's that for protection?
Tires thin as my wallet and brakes that can not be compared even to a Yamaha XS650...

Enjoyed the movie! Thanks for sharing.

/Kjell

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent .... :D

What is your video camera set-up?
Thanks Alba, the camera is a drift HD720. Quality is good but to be honest the .MOV format and default 30fps has been a pain in the neck for editing. I need to do some tests using 25fps as that seems to be easier to edit without requiring major re-rendering - for what I do I doubt the lower frame rate will be noticeable. This trip was my first attempt at videoing, so still sussing everything out!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It always amazes me how the cyclists dares to ride that fast.
A light helmet, some very thin gloves, and a set of tight lycra pants! How's that for protection?
Tires thin as my wallet and brakes that can not be compared even to a Yamaha XS650...

Enjoyed the movie! Thanks for sharing.

/Kjell
Hi Kjell,
Your observations are very true! As a cyclist and a biker I can relate to both forms of 2-wheels and have to confess to have enjoyed 50mph+ descents down high mountain roads on 23mm section tyres :cool:!

Glad you enjoyed the video :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts