Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking on-line for a tank bag to fit my Africa Twin I kinda gave up, mainly because there were no decent pictures showing one fitted to the bike. So, after buying a beaut from Caveman this weekend, here's a couple of photo's, more to follow.

Built for the bike (or it fits rather well) Main expandable pouch with map pocket on top. 4 external pouches, shoulder strap (looped around the bag), handle and rain cover... not that you get that much rain behind the fairing. One of the best features is..

So you can easily refuel. The securing system straps to the frame rather than using magnets. The zip you can see on the top right (there's also one on the left) is for securing "side tank bags" to the crash bar. There's a bit more info on Paul's site EIBC ltd on the links page

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strap on! It's the only way.

I'll get some more photo's this afternoon showing the attachment a bit better

·
Registered
241 Posts
Cie said:
Strap on! It's the only way.

I'll get some more photo's this afternoon showing the attachment a bit better
I have magnetic one! No problem at all. It just have no hole for tank cap. --I've just got an idea. :shock: I will cut it out :D

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Cool bag, can you get the additional side pockets as well and how much did Paul ask for these beauties 8)

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maverick said:
Cool bag, can you get the additional side pockets as well and how much did Paul ask for these beauties 8)
I think Paul is the best person to ask, but I think the answer is yes. The tank bag is around £80ish according to the site

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
I bought a strap-on after a magnetic bag blew off the tank of my tank, I mean GS, in a strong sidewind, on the M4 just past Reading services. It was the only time I'd not used the headstock strap (idiot!). Luckily, as it was the GS, the jugs stopped it falling into the road and I was able to lift it back onto the tank.

Scared the bejesus out of me though.

Cheers
-Simon

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
i can vouch for this bag too cie bought it while i was there. if i hadnt kicked the crap out of my budget i'll have got one. maybe soon :D its a quality bit of kit :D ya'll got to stop talking about strappons yo scaring me :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Found the Oxford cheapy worked fine on my 600TA, OK I have to unclip the headstock strap to refuel but that's no great hassle. Also the lower pocket zips off and makes into a perfect case for my camera which clips round the waist with its own strap - well useful :) It's expandable and cost €50

·
17,680 Posts
ha ha ha thats cavemans @ cie's is chuck norris black :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Muckybill said:
Cie

I see you have the fastest sexiest colour @ too :D

Bill
As Chad said, actually I got the harder 'n' faster colour ;)

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Three more piccies showing how the harness straps to the frame

·
17,680 Posts
touche senior pussy cat :D :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts