Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Waterlooville in Hampshire
I was last here in 2012 when I owned a 600 Transalp, now back with a '07 registered 650 v6.

I have a question about the seat, when replacing the seat I cannot get the 2 middle hooks into the loops on the frame, they seem to be happier sitting on top,
also the front part which should slide into a groove in the frame does'nt!
Looking at the seat it appears that someone has sawn across the back of the front lug so that it is angled upwards so misses its rightful home.
I looked at a seat for sale on ebay and this too has the same marks.
Anyway is there a method to getting the seat into the right position?

cheers
Derek

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here she is, started life in Manchester, last owner was in Cornwall, 31 and a bit K, anybody recognise the make of pannier frame?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
i have noticed a lot of 650s dont seem to have the seat fitting snugly. as per this. see the "gap" between the seat and the side panel. my 2001 model isn't like this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have noticed a lot of 650s dont seem to have the seat fitting snugly. as per this. see the "gap" between the seat and the side panel. my 2001 model isn't like this.

View attachment 166474
Thanks for responding, that is how my seat sits........ Does your seat have the rubber blocks as per mine:

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
the 650 can be tricky to get on/off. to remove the seat it helps if you depress the rear of the seat while turning the key.

the put the seat on you kinda have to push it down, then slide it forward, so the two "arms" hook under the metal "loops" that are on the frame, and the front "tongue" fits underneath the bit near the tank

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
it should fit, unless someone has messed around with the "hooks" that are on the frame

try pushing the seat down as you slide it. you need to get those plastic "arms" underneath the metal "hooks"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the 650 can be tricky to get on/off. to remove the seat it helps if you depress the rear of the seat while turning the key.

the put the seat on you kinda have to push it down, then slide it forward, so the two "arms" hook under the metal "loops" that are on the frame, and the front "tongue" fits underneath the bit near the tank
Ta everso, I will keep trying to get it to fit properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts