Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My first post just to say Hi and let you know why I've joined a UK forum based on the other side of the world.

I'm totally intrigued by the Africa Twin and would love to own one. Living in Canada and the U.S. they're as rare as hens teeth but from what I've read here seem to be the perfect bike for the ADV part of my riding. I currently ride a KLR650, Ural Patrol, and a Yamaha Midnight Venture.

Having a lust to ride the world I'm not limiting myself to finding an AT in North America. One limitation I have is that it must be at least 15 years old in order to eventually import it into Canada, at least that's my understanding.

Do a fair number of these bikes come up for sale in Britain/Europe or am I simply chasing a pipe dream thinking I could buy one and register it there (relatives in UK), ride the roads and see the sights from Ireland to Capetown and eventually beyond.

Enough for a first post don't ya think?

Cheers ... Greg

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Not impossible. They do come up. They are great. Here is the place to find everything you need to know about them.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
It is possible to get a bike of that age but you might find it on the European mainland.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts