Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working from home today, so I went out for a little ride in the grey world that is currently Essex. Popped over to Hainault to meet my mum at the crematorium to sort out what was happening to my dad’s ashes. Stopped at Greensted Church on the way back or to give it it’s full name The Church of St Andrew Greensted juxta-Ongar.

This is supposedly the oldest wooden church in the world and part of the structure (the split tree trunk walls) has been dated to before the Norman conquest. No bugger there today, although me and some mates once stopped here during the middle of a very muddy trail ride and were invited into the photographs of a wedding.

Anyway, I was riding along some narrow roads I’d not been down before (I like to have an explore about sometimes, amazing what you see) and I thought I was hallucinating when I kept seeing large white 2 legged creatures through some thick hedging. I slowed down until I found a gap in the hedge and stared at these things. As soon as they saw me they came over to stare back at me.

What a Christmas dinner they’d make eh. Might pop back nearer the time with a big stick and a large sack.

I was on my way home and busting for a piss, I stopped at one of my regular dewatering holes. I’d just parked up on some grass and walked through a gap in the trees when a van stopped and hooted. I walked back out thinking someone needed directions only to find Chad in his shiny new van. Apparently he’d shot past at 80mph and had recognised my bike by the welding he’d previously done to my sidestand, so stopped to say hello. Eyes like an ostrich that bloke.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Fantastic - I'm going to have to find that place - Old churches and graveyards hold a weird fascination for me.
Hey alp you got to come around my place than.The Village i used to live in (Godstone) has a lovely old church and! 3 Pirate graves, proper with scull and cross bones in the grave yard:D:D
The story is they came back from the Carribean to Brighton where they where recognized,chased up inland and than killed in the Hare and Hound pub in Godstone:D

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:D
The story is they came back from the Carribean to Brighton where they where recognized,chased up inland and than killed in the Hare and Hound pub in Godstone:D
Rough pub on a Saturday night is it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts