Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI Guys, been looking on the interweb for Honda's specs on the Varadero. I have found the normal specs for performance and dry weight ,but what I,am after is the gross weight and the train weight for the bike????? bASICALY HOW MUCH WEIGHT CAN I PUT ON HER WHILST TRAVELLING 2 UP WITH CAMPING KIT
Any help would be appreciated J:confused:

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks but what I'am after might be in the reference section of the haynes manual

For example

BMW GSA
Unladen weight, fully fuelled 256kgs
DRy weight 223kgs
max permissible weight 475kgs
max vehicle pay load 219kgs

but I need the same specs for the Varadero Please.

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
I did look this up once. I am sure it used tobe on hondas website and also it was about 300kg of passenger and luggage. I amcertain that whatever it was it was the highest in hondas range.

Edit..... Just looked it up: kerb weight 265kg; max weight capacity 201kg.

Double edit..... in theformat requested:

Unladen weight, fully fuelled 265kgs
DRy weight 250kgs
max permissible weight 466kgs
max vehicle pay load 201kgs

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Thinking of buying a Varadero Jason?

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
i looked it up once and i cant remember the exact figures, but one reason i bought a varadero was because im a fat ******* and this bike can carry me and 100kg of kit.
if you weigh all your camping gear you might be surprised, 100kg is a massive amount of stuff, loads more than i take away with me and i go loaded for bear.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
You 'avin a larf:D:D
I was wondering but the phrase " HOW MUCH WEIGHT CAN I PUT ON HER" confused me. I was worried just as I bought a GSA the rest of you decided they were crap.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I already knew that about GSA's Boris! :thumbup:

I'll stick to my Varadero mate, although train weight? I'm unsure of. I always associate that with trailers for some reason! Varadero with a trailer???? Now that's just wrong! :confused:

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Just looked at haynes manual for dero 99-00 sorry just says dry weight 220kg and nothing about other weights sorry.

If it's any help... Me and helmet (1.7k) plus winter gearbcome in at 125kg and it will still pull :)

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
HI Guys, been looking on the interweb for Honda's specs on the Varadero. I have found the normal specs for performance and dry weight ,but what I,am after is the gross weight and the train weight for the bike????? bASICALY HOW MUCH WEIGHT CAN I PUT ON HER WHILST TRAVELLING 2 UP WITH CAMPING KIT
Any help would be appreciated J:confused:
Short answer is ****LOADS i've had so much weight in my top box before it's made my steering go light and it wouldn't go into bends very well, not including the ali boxes, wife , tankbag, camera equiptment, tents and roll matts hanging on with tape and bungees even had stuff strapped on top the top box.

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
Yes train weight is for trailers as well as the prime mover,
for example my artic tractor unit has a design /MGW of 24 tons which means that can weigh a max of 24 tons,and a train weight of 44 tonnes which is the maxinmum weight with a trailer,if certain conditions are met I:E
3 axle trailer, air suspension, ABS.
Merv

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
So that will be a no then :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dry Weight 235kg (*241.5kg)
Kerb Weight 262kg (F: 122kg; R: 140kg); *268.5kg (F: 123kg; R: 141.5kg)
Max. Carrying Capacity 201kg
Loaded Weight 414kg (F: 154kg; R: 260kg); *420.5kg (F: 155kg; R: 265.5kg)

* = ABS models

This is from the Vara tech specs that are on this board. Obviously the Max Carry Capacity includes the Rider and Pillion as well as any load.

Hope it helps

1 - 19 of 19 Posts