Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These's not as much on the GSA as I thought. :confused: I've just had the left peg AND the side stand on the ground. I must admit I wasn't expecting it to touch down quite so soon and it gave me a bit of a fright.

At least that side of the tyre can be considered scrubbed in :)

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here is the evidence

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Big Balls on a new bike :D Only ever had mine over quite low with Vaders daughter on the rear somewhere in Essex :D following her dad.

On the other hand did you accidently kick the stand down with your left boot, as if you hold the bike by the Handle bars and rear frame the bike has to drop very close to the floor and Piston pot could touch cloth, I mean floor

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No marks on the heads and it wasn't meant honest. The first I knew about it was when the peg touched down which lifted my foot. Then it made a hell of a noise which was the stand hitting next.

As I say it wasn't meant and gave me quite a shock as I had only done about 40 miles and was scrubbing in new tyres. I thought there was still a bit to go.

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
Was this a quick flick through a roundabout or something? The suspension tends to squat down when you do that, and things approach ground level fairly rapidly. I've nudged a pannier or two with that trick, and pegs are easy.

(Nice one. Scraping the pannier with the GF on the back, "whoops sorry". "Oh that's allright, you've done that before today". Attagirl. :mrgreen:)

Besides, I've been told that Telelever BMWs have that effect on people. Taking corners at speeds before thought to be utterly insane. Watch the speedo sometime, check if it isn't a KM one. ;-) Friend of mine went on a test ride one day, got back within 30 minutes with the tyres scrubbed in past the edges and scratches on both heads. Yeah this is boring, I've figured it out already. He then went and bought a wee strom. ;-)

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was this a quick flick through a roundabout or something? The suspension tends to squat down when you do that, and things approach ground level fairly rapidly. I've nudged a pannier or two with that trick, and pegs are easy.
Nope it was just a regular left hander. I'm no riding god and in wasn't meant. Honest :)

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
I've had the left peg down on J's bike:rolleyes:. Never done the stand though, I'd have thought there was to much clearance for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts