Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Installed mine today. Bit fiddly getting the dispenser in exactly the right place but it seems to work.

P9140117.JPG
Dispenser looks vulnerable but it's in the correct position as per instructions. Time will tell.

P9140131.jpg

P9140133.JPG

Hugger doesn't get in the way. Dispenser button is easy to reach when on bike. I had a load of 15-40 mineral oil in the garage so I used that. Oil only takes a minute or 2 to dispense. Chain gets well lubed on the rollers and the sprocket teeth are nice and wet. Don't know if it will wick round to the o-rings or side plates - will have to keep an eye on these in the winter.

Also took the opportunity to install new Beowulf can.

P9140128.JPG

P9140129.JPG

GSX is now 4kg lighter and sounds more like a bike and less like a Nissan Micra.:D

Tomorrow's job is to reset suspension to normal settings, PO had it set with rock solid preload which probably didn't help my confidence on the wee dales roads last w/e.

Anyone else got any installation tales?

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Just fitted mine Al.

I put a dribble feed just behimd the front sprocket.

Then mounted the reservoir somewhere handy.....

Filled with some random old engine oil and pressed the button. Lo & behold , within seconds oil was pi55ing all over the garage floor :D

I'm sure it'll work a treat :thumbup:

Cheers for sorting the group buy, Phil

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Fitted mine today, sorry no pics (totally incompetent) fitted the res to the chain guard, may have the feed a bit close to the sproket compared to the first ppics though, it seems to feed onto the sroket so will get to the chain "I hope".
Thanks again for sorting these.:thumbright:

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Just fitted mine Al.

I put a dribble feed just behimd the front sprocket.

Then mounted the reservoir somewhere handy.....

Filled with some random old engine oil and pressed the button. Lo & behold , within seconds oil was pi55ing all over the garage floor :D

I'm sure it'll work a treat :thumbup:

Cheers for sorting the group buy, Phil

So far I'm thoroughly impressed with the Loobman (why does it remind me of Boobman :) )

They are simple and effective with decent capacity :thumbup:

Phil

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
I'm moving away from Scottoiler's & getting another couple of Loobmans.

Details are in Tendays first post of this thread.
Post up if you definately want one.
I can hand them out at the Christmas meet at Jellies.

Phil

sent from my 'phone

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Very pleased with mine on the xr600. Just plonked above the chain and off you go. Will get a beasting on the lanes so i wrapped it in a blanket of old inner tube.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
The , buy three or more and get one free is postponed until November 14th or after at the moment due to low stocks .

21 - 29 of 29 Posts