Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Apologies if there are any of said Estate Agents who peruse these pages, but I'm not a happy chappy tonight.

I've been looking since before Christmas to move. I've outgrown my little flat, and really do need a garage for the bike and all the bits and bobs that go with it. Not to mention somewhere to keep the results of my "board" fetish...Surfboard, Wakeboard, 2x Snowboards, Mountainboard, Bodyboard, Skateboard, Balanceboard, Skis etc etc...you get the picture

On Friday evening after work I viewed probably what was only the 6th or 7th place I've actually thought was right enough to view. It was a 6pm viewing so the Agent had already locked up by the time I looked round. I was instantly taken with the location, and the space was exactly what I wanted, infact it was far more than I expected for the money.

The Agent informed me the owner was after a very quick sale as he'd been let down by his buyer 2 days previously - the day they were supposed to exchange. I was told I was the first person to see it again in this "2nd round" of sales.

By the time I got home I knew it was right for me and that I wanted it, so 9am on the dot on Saturday I call the agent and make an asking-price offer. I hear nothing all day and have to call the agent back twice before I get hold of them at 5pm just as they're closing. Seemingly the buyer wants to hold off on accepting my offer to see if anyone is "more ready to move" than I am.

Admittedly, my flat wasn't even on the market when I made the offer, but during Saturday afternoon I had had it valued and put on the market. I'd purposefully held off doing this until I saw a place I wanted because in the 2 years I've lived here there hasn't been a "For Sale" board up outside for the other flats for more than a week before its had a big "SOLD" slapped across it.

So it's a Bank Holiday weekend, which puts me into limbo for 3 days until yesterday. I call the agent again, stressing that I dont need a sale in order to put a deposit down on the new place so there no way I'm going to hold up the sale, and that I'm 110% confident my flat will sell in a week or less anyway. "I'll pass that on", says he.

Today, I have had 2 offers (and 2 subsequent counter-offers, significantly above the asking price) made on my flat, essentially 24 hours after it's been on the market - exactly as I thought would happen. I call the sellers agent to let them know and they tell me there's a letter in the post (dated yesterday) informing me that the seller has decided to go with someone who viewed the property I wanted to buy 2 weeks ago!

So I'm back to square one. Although I'm now in the position whereby I stand to lose MY buyer because its likely to take me another 6 months to find a place I like enough to part with £SillyMoney for.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this, I know it's a daily occurrence, but it doesn't make it any less annoying. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. What an absolute bunch of CrUnchy NuTS.

</Rant mode off>

On the upside, I did shave an impressive 7 minutes off my (normally 20 minute) ride home tonight...it's not good to ride angry though.:rolleyes:

Right, I'm off out to get p!shed :angry1:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
bastards the lot of them:angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: dont even get me started let alone feckin solicitors:angry5: :angry5:

i dont know anybody who's not been fecked around by these people.....house buying and selling is a complete **** up in this country:(

CUE.......SHEP !!!!!!!:D

·
21st Century Schizoid Man
2,428 Posts
bastards the lot of them:angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: dont even get me started let alone feckin solicitors:angry5: :angry5:
...snip
We're planning a big move this year. NOT looking forward to all that!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Robster....serious sympathy....but it wasn't the estate agents fault, it's down to the Vendor.

I hate Estate Agenst & I hate Conveyancing Solicitors, but I probably only hate them because they are manipulators of a sh*t system that allows them to messs with us.

In this case, there were probably people 'waiting on the collapse' of the ongoing deal the Vendor had with his first seller, ie. someone who saw it 'first time around'. Similarly, if your preferred buyer from the offers you've had 'dropped out' & one of the others stepped in, you'd go with it, if they were closer to being ready ?

Like I say, sympathies extended, but if you want to 'spit in someones tea' it should be the Guy who took it back to the market when he knew full well he had someone potentially waiting in the wings (IMO).

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Hitler would have torched them all, so he would have improved one thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts