Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we where on skye a few of us where talking about a trip to Germany.Where i come from is one of the most beautyfull parts of the Rhine river and we a lot of wine festivals every year.
The suggestion was to go there by bike ,stay in youth Hostels (Cheap!,very clean,breakfast included and they got pubs which stay open loooong time:D)
The Festival we are looking at is at the above mentioned dates.From my house in surrey its about 450 miles which we should be able to do in one hit.
We are looking at leaving on a Thursday morning early! and getting back the following Tues. or Wednesday.
I will post some pics and a basic guide to costs a bit later.
We easily could go a bit earlier to get more of the sites and routes in.Oh did i mention its stunning biking country, and the "Nuerburgring" would be on the way:D
Will post a few pics from last year later
just thought i post now and see what sort of intrest there would be:D

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Re: Guided tour to germany 20-23 june 2008

Sounds good Pete, trouble is must it be next year ;)

We could arrange an Nurburgring XRV special (to prove the black ones are fastest :D )
Where abouts are we talking about Pete?

Phil

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I come from a city called Mainz which is on the Rhine river and yes it would have to be next year as this years wine festival is over:D

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts

as you know im well interested but it will depend on funds as ive promised to take the familly to disney in florida next yr:usa2: :usa2: :usa2: :usa2: :usa2: :D

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts

Dont fret over the ring (so to speak)...I did a fairly pedestrian wettish lap last week. Probably not a great deal faster than I'd ride on the road, if any faster at all...but then I did have knobblies on!

You can take it at your own pace pretty much if you time it right. I must've been pretty much that last person round that night, nobody infront and just one souped up Williams Clio or something that hooned it past me about half way round...otherwise the track was my own.

Deffo worth a bash though :grin:

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts

Count me in as interested. Got plenty of time to clear it with the Financial Controller.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Vader,
If you think we're on your run?

I might be up for a quick "Dads Army" invasion of Germany. :D

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Just been looking around a bit with regards to Accomodation.The best and cheapest way will be to go for Youth Hostels in germany which we probably have to book by X-mas or so.
Besides the one in Mainz where we would be staying i think we should also stay for a while in this one as it is perfect with regards to location for ride outs and "I ALWAYS WANTED TO STAY IN A CASTLE":D:D:D
Have a look at it,its quiet cool and you will see the prices as well.The one in mainz is slightly cheaper.I will have a look for the link in a mo:D
http://old.web02.djh.de/international/html/01-hostels/extended_jh.jsp?IDJH=390
Got it:D
http://old.web02.djh.de/international/html/01-hostels/extended_jh.jsp?IDJH=411
The only thing is we would have to get Youth Hostel membership here in the UK which if i remember right was about £24 for a year or so
All the prices you see there are incl.Breakfast:D

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts

The only thing is we would have to get Youth Hostel membership here in the UK which if i remember right was about £24 for a year or so
No probs for me. I became a Life Member thirty years ago. It cost about £24 then for a one-off payment. It's been excellent value!

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Ok just had a look again.Some of us just can go in school holidays(Babysitters)
so there is the wine festival which happens to be on the 23rd to the 26th of August
How about a Trip like this
Leaving on a Monday get to Germany in one go,Tues-Friday ride outs n the Rhine and Mosel Valley region,Friday to Sunday Wine festival,Monday home;)

·
Chief Lurker
436 Posts

so there is the wine festival which happens to be on the 23rd to the 26th of August
Leaving on a Monday get to Germany in one go,Tues-Friday ride outs n the Rhine and Mosel Valley region,Friday to Sunday Wine festival,Monday home;)
Be rude not to go on this one - but if I am going, the rest of you will need ear muffs

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts

oh yeeeeeeessssssss:cool:

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts

The August dates are no good for me, what with my wedding anniversary and all.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Bump:D :D
Spoke to a few more people about this at the National and it looks like it will happen:happy2: :happy2: :cool: :cool:
Just make sure you save up enough pennys,cause we will be shopping for bike gear which is a lot!! cheaper over there:D :D :D

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Pete

I'm very interested too. This may seem like a silly question, but do they do beer at these wine festivals too?

Cheers

Bob
You absolutely right:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:
Silly Question:D:D:D
Hello.its Germany,cause they got beer:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts