Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Re: Guided tour to germany 20-23 june 2008

Bump:D:D
Just found a map which shows the area we are going to.Lots of nice twisty roads:D:D

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Oh and this is one of the Youth Hostels we are staying in and the view from one of the Bedrooms

:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Could on of the mods please change the dates for me in the title of the threat
It is now from18-25August 2008
thanks pete

·
Registered
44 Posts

Wow...great trip !! I've been there last August, unfortunately I found cloudy weather but I liked a lot those places (by the way I went around the country but I liked both the Rhine river and the Mosel's most).
Also Trier is a nice city to visit. A ride in the Nuerburgring is an unforgettable experience if you can.
Congratulation for the choice ! :cool:

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Wow...great trip !! I've been there last August, unfortunately I found cloudy weather but I liked a lot those places (by the way I went around the country but I liked both the Rhine river and the Mosel's most).
Also Trier is a nice city to visit. A ride in the Nuerburgring is an unforgettable experience if you can.
Congratulation for the choice ! :cool:
Well the choice was easy,i was born there:D

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,009 Posts

Could on of the mods please change the dates for me in the title of the threat
It is now from18-25August 2008
thanks pete
I done didded it!

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
LV are the dates set now :confused:

Could you give me all the info. Are you leaving on the Monday & returning on the Monday what are the times?

Will it be all youth hostels.

Am very interested, just need to no what days to book off work :thumbleft: With living up north :D

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The idea is to leave on Monday (1 easy day travel) to get to the Youth Hostel.Stay there 4 nights than go on to Mainz (YH again)stay there till Monday morning again and than make our way back.
Accommodation is all in youth hostels,people from up north are more than welcome to arrive at my place over the weekend and than we can set of on Monday early together.
Have not looked at travel(Ferry/train) times as up to know there was only limited interest but will start digging.
Basically the first part will be cruising around nice river valleys and forests and the second part will be incorporating a wine festival
I shall pm you some web sites so you can have a look at some of the YH(i think they are in English as well,otherwise they got nice pics:D) and if i find it again some stuff about the Wine festival

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
The idea is to leave on Monday (1 easy day travel) to get to the Youth Hostel.Stay there 4 nights than go on to Mainz (YH again)stay there till Monday morning again and than make our way back.
Accommodation is all in youth hostels,people from up north are more than welcome to arrive at my place over the weekend and than we can set of on Monday early together.
Have not looked at travel(Ferry/train) times as up to know there was only limited interest but will start digging.
Basically the first part will be cruising around nice river valleys and forests and the second part will be incorporating a wine festival
I shall pm you some web sites so you can have a look at some of the YH(i think they are in English as well,otherwise they got nice pics:D) and if i find it again some stuff about the Wine festival
Thanks Pete will add my name to the calender :thumbup:

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts
:cool:

would love to go on this as it's been years since i was last in that area of germany-kerzenheim to be exact for german tenere treffen in 1994
time and finances might be against me for this :(
when's the latest you plan to book ferries etc...

:cool::cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anything more been planned on this one??

we've just bought a transalp, but are used to touring abroad, especialy germany, but in a motorhome, was in the mosel region year before last, but it was miserable weather, used to holiday there when i was about 8 as i grew up in germany.

Anyway, we'd love to go touring europe on the bike, the motorhome is just too expensive to run nowadays, and the types of roads i like to go down arent really suitable for a 4.5 ton 7 meter long beastie.

What's the deal with youth hostels in germany? i've never stayed in one, and being the wrong side of 30 (only just mind) i never thought of them, (plus i've had a motrhome sine i was 19) but i have read some of the lonely planet guides, and they mention that certian hostels are open for any ages, usually with a payment of a euro or 2 extra.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Anything more been planned on this one??

we've just bought a transalp, but are used to touring abroad, especialy germany, but in a motorhome, was in the mosel region year before last, but it was miserable weather, used to holiday there when i was about 8 as i grew up in germany.

Anyway, we'd love to go touring europe on the bike, the motorhome is just too expensive to run nowadays, and the types of roads i like to go down arent really suitable for a 4.5 ton 7 meter long beastie.

What's the deal with youth hostels in germany? i've never stayed in one, and being the wrong side of 30 (only just mind) i never thought of them, (plus i've had a motrhome sine i was 19) but i have read some of the lonely planet guides, and they mention that certian hostels are open for any ages, usually with a payment of a euro or 2 extra.
Sorry Mate but this is not happening anymore at least not this year:(
With regards to the youth Hostels,they are open to anyone,cheaper than B&B ,clean and usually in a real good location.You can not compare them with the ones here at all
3 years back the 4 of us stayed in the one in Mainz and payed 38 euro incl.Breakfast per night.Bathroom en suite;):D

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
When did it get cancelled :confused::confused:

When he realised he didn't have to invade his homeland:D:D:D

Hi gazz

Whilst the German trip is not going ahead. A group of us are heading out to Normandy in a few weeks. Have a look here. I think there's still room for more.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts