Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy Martin. On the surface, slightly insane!

Speed with Guy Martin - Channel 4

But checking out his kitchen, I notice a rather rare and exotic Bimota V-Due sitting in the corner, and something perhaps even more special or secret, sitting under a tarpaulin?!!

The bloke needs a "check up from the neck up" but he is such a likeable character and cheeky buggha!!!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
He is a good watch. I liked the sooper special aerodynamic experts answer to cutting drag................put a massive square in front of him. Hope they did'nt pay him much.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
What an excellent program. Guy Martin is my favorite Road Racer and it's great that he is the "bloke next door" who is so down to earth. A working mans hero if you like.

I can't believe he did it on SAND! Wearing his old race leathers and a full face helmet with sand blowing everywhere! Top man Guy. Can't wait for the next program.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes,I also saw it, great program,looking like a great series.
The 100mph on the Tarmac test run ........ He made that look easy....

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes,I also saw it, great program,looking like a great series.
The 100mph on the Tarmac test run ........ He made that look easy....
Agree it's great program, but couldn't understand why he did it on sand ?
Sands so unpredictable & energy sapping, even a slight dusting, effects traction :confused:
As said the 100mph test run looked so easy on tarmac & considering it was only a test run, surely if he'd have been prepared & psyched up like the Pendine run he'd have reached his goal of 120+
He only had 3 minutes maximum power output in his legs, so if there'd have been able to tow him along the slip road onto the runway at around 40mph (in stead of the previous standing start) surely he'd have had a long enough runway to reach maximum speed ?
I'm no scientist though :(

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
The program was excellent, he's as mad as a box of frogs but that's why so many like him; he just says it how it is and doesn't really give a sh!t :)

He's a top bloke as far as I'm concerned. :thumbup:
yup he's great , the dudes got ball big enough to come in a dump truck i was crapping myself watching it hell knows how it felt to do it :toothy9:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Agree it's great program, but couldn't understand why he did it on sand ?
Sands so unpredictable & energy sapping, even a slight dusting, effects traction :confused:
As said the 100mph test run looked so easy on tarmac & considering it was only a test run, surely if he'd have been prepared & psyched up like the Pendine run he'd have reached his goal of 120+
He only had 3 minutes maximum power output in his legs, so if there'd have been able to tow him along the slip road onto the runway at around 40mph (in stead of the previous standing start) surely he'd have had a long enough runway to reach maximum speed ?
I'm no scientist though :(
totally agree mate..... if he can set a new record on sand then surely it can be bettered on tarmac and thus a re-attempt at it must certainly be on the cards i just hope it's guy that gets the honour and not some unknown....

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Dont come any more straight talking than Guy Martin, I love the way he tells it like it is.:thumbup:
Great bloke and a great show, cant wait for the next one.
Fastest man on a bicycle:wav:
Nowt wrong wi that.:D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Don't forget he's on again tonight CH4 8pm. The spiritual successor to Fred Dibnah on acid.

Oh yes.... I'm waiting in great anticipation. :thumbright:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Another excellent programme from Guy. That bike was indestructable, 36mts deep, that's some depth to drown a bike in... Can't wait for next weeks...;)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Don't forget, Guy is on again tonight! :D

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
last one was a disappointing result, as people have gone further on standard bikes but they were not guiness record attempts so don't qualify

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
last one was a disappointing result, as people have gone further on standard bikes but they were not guiness record attempts so don't qualify

Oi, pasty muncher!! Stop picking on me old mate Guy....by 'eck

I have to admit to be slightly disappointed when I saw them making that surf board to strap on the bottom of his bike, BUT, there's no taking it away from him, he did bloody well and clearly has bollocks made of black pudden or summin'. They also made a point of reading the rules which stated "foils" were allowed.

Anyway, for us bikers, he is fantastic entertainment and an British ambassador for motorcycling and motorcyclists. Hopefully he raises awareness of how nice most two-wheeled riders are.

About time for a brew I reckon!

:thumbup:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Anyway, for us bikers, he is fantastic entertainment and an British ambassador for motorcycling and motorcyclists. Hopefully he raises awareness of how nice most two-wheeled riders are.

:thumbup:
Agree with he is a proper character not a PR mans dream but that but he may also make him campaign boy for the anti 2wheeled lobby saying he's too fast, it's all he's interested in is speed (despite he is a professional racer), he aint right in the head and al the other bullshit arguments they come up with.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Agree with he is a proper character not a PR mans dream but that but he may also make him campaign boy for the anti 2wheeled lobby saying he's too fast, it's all he's interested in is speed (despite he is a professional racer), he aint right in the head and al the other bullshit arguments they come up with.
I think its because he drinks too much tea!

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
if he was right in the head he would not be there, a modern day Fred Dibnah as the say

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TT Competitor
120+ mph cyclist
Rides across water
Human powered aircraft pilot
and next week, 100mph downhill sledger

I've got this theory.... they're just gonna carry on giving him challenges until they kill him!!!

Daft Buggahs!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts