Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
forgotten by many - but still a nice bike!

(you've gotta love guzzis!)

the Quota!!

transverse twin - shaft drive - quirky nature!

but for the grace of the press!

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,019 Posts
forgotten by many - but still a nice bike!

(you've gotta love guzzis!)

the Quota!!

transverse twin - shaft drive - quirky nature!

but for the grace of the press!
I park next to an S reg one of those in the underground carpark at work, see him on the road sometimes too, once at the side waiting for the breakdown. Must have something, he's had it for at least 10 years and uses it nearly every day. It's an import with 60,000km on the clock

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
Italian police are still selling off their Guzzi's... Every so often you'll see the trail version pop up...

This is a shot of the regular (non-police) version

The police version has a 1 person seat, the rest of the rear being taken up by the box that holds radio & siren...

Was tempted to get one when I first got my license, but never got around to riding one before I bought my ZZR...

JB

·
Registered
782 Posts
The Quota wasn`t Guzzi`s original 'adventure' bike.

Nor was the NTX.

The V65TT was the original....also existed as a 'Baja' competition bike.

Talking of NTX Guzzis,here`s my NTX650 undergoing renovation.

Just needs 2 ignition modules and a side panel,as well as the proper Marzocchi Strada shocks.

Here it is with my mad PitBike and my Uly.

Should be fun when finished....50hp from a 650cc twin.

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Those Quotas move well too, given the right pilot.

Chased one in Luxemburg once, on the twistyyyyy road from Wiltz to Kautenbach, 2 corners and voom, it was gone. More ground clearance than the GS ya see. ;-)

O

·
0 Posts
I bought a Quota whilst working in Italy, did a fair bit of Touring on it before coming home with it. Being forced down the route of "more relaxed riding position" in recent years due to body prob's i sure do regret selling it now !! In all honesty I tried my friends GS recently and it felt "soul less" to me compared to the character of the Guzzi !
I REALLY think Guzzi missed opportunities because no sooner had they dropped it from the range than the Boy's took off on their BM's making all the world want a Big Traillie !! It was a remarkably nimble machine for its size and once moving the feel of bulk just dissapeared.
As you can tell it had my Vote !!

And it was Black N Gorgeous like the one shown in this thread !!

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
fat bloke had a cracking one of those quotas out in the states the bloody thing was mint:cool::cool:

havnt heard from him for a while hope he's ok

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,019 Posts
The one I park next to at work is starting to look scruffier than mine, dripping oil, stinks of fuel when he starts it up, ripped seat. But give it it's due, it's been making the journey to work day in and day out for at least 10 years to my knowledge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts