Honda XRV Forum banner

221 - 234 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
You still up for Saturday Jack? we can work out some times. I am going to stay at my aunts in Kinlochleven on sat to stay away for the worst of the midges and go for the run to Skye on Sunday then home. If we get a time for the travelers at Dumfries should be able to work out a meeting.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Don't worry, I have guys working on the West just now and it is good.(Skye is a funny place weather wise)
It ALWAYS rains in Ft William, but I looking west just now and the sun is splitting the skye :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway,once we arrive on Skye and sink a few amber nectars,the weather won't really be an issue.:p :p :p
Nice one. Thats the attitude we all need to have. :D

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
You still up for Saturday Jack? we can work out some times. I am going to stay at my aunts in Kinlochleven on sat to stay away for the worst of the midges and go for the run to Skye on Sunday then home. If we get a time for the travelers at Dumfries should be able to work out a meeting.
Brian - I sure am. I'll PM you my phone numbers. I have to be back home to do a nightshift on the Ambulance starting at 8:00 PM, so no away night for me!! I'll probably travel with the gang to about Tyndrum and then head back home. As you say if we get an ETA for Dumfries , we can work out an "ambush".

I'm looking forward to it - Wee Fred R1 might even join us , just to be the odd one out with the sportsbike !!!

And the weather is not looking TOO bad for these parts on saturday either , all in all - it's starting to shape up nicely!!!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
For the ones passing thru FT William,
fill up at Morrisons, last cheap fuel you will get.

Those at spean bridge
I'll try to meet you there, else I will wait in the layby thats next to the loch thats looks like a map of Scotland. Some one must know where I mean.

Rick

·
Registered
582 Posts
Have a good run up and stay safe.
See you all on Saturday morning or on the route north.

IanS

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Have a good run up and stay safe.
See you all on Saturday morning or on the route north.

IanS
yup see you all there im up crack sparrow for a leisurely ride up:cool: :cool:

im not going to sleep a wink tonight:D :D

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Hi, could anyone tell me the route that will be taken from the Pooley Bridge campsite to Glencoe.

Looks like I might have to work Sunday. If so I'll head north with you all on Saturday & peel off somewhere south of Glasgow :mad:

Thank's, Phil

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hi, could anyone tell me the route that will be taken from the Pooley Bridge campsite to Glencoe.

Looks like I might have to work Sunday. If so I'll head north with you all on Saturday & peel off somewhere south of Glasgow :mad:

Thank's, Phil
Hi Phil
M6 - A75 to Dumfries
A76 - Kilmarnock
A71 - A78 round coast to Gourock
Ferry to Dunoon ( Hunters Quay )
A815 - A83 to Tarbert ( Loch Lomond )
A82 to Glencoe

You could peel off at Gourock follow the Clyde to the M8 or
Stay with us to Tarbert then head south on the A82 to Glasgow.

See you Saturday Morning

IanS

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Hi Phil
M6 - A75 to Dumfries
A76 - Kilmarnock
A71 - A78 round coast to Gourock
Ferry to Dunoon ( Hunters Quay )
A815 - A83 to Tarbert ( Loch Lomond )
A82 to Glencoe

You could peel off at Gourock follow the Clyde to the M8 or
Stay with us to Tarbert then head south on the A82 to Glasgow.

See you Saturday Morning

IanS

Ok, thank's Ian.

No time limits on Saturday, so I'll check out the map, may head on the ferry to Dunoon with you all, see how it goes.....

Phil

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
I've started a new thread in the Ride Reports area and plopped some photo's on it as well.
May well be the only photos of the trip that don't feature rain.
Not wishing that on you guys, but I've just seen tomorrows weather forecast for Skye :(.

Take care people

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Home safe guy's 5pm.
Just in time for work.:(

IanS

221 - 234 of 234 Posts