Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

hopefully someone can help. I recently bought a hagon monoshock with the optional preload adjustor unit.
the problem I have now, is that there is about a foot of hydraulic hose with a big metal adjuster on the end. i have no clue as to where to mount it using the supplied bracket. I've just bunged it under the seat. before i go down the route of making a bracket and bending rods for U-bolts, has anyone got a suggestion?

I've even had a honda tech at a dealer cast an eye over it to no real suggestions.

many thanks.

Chris.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,009 Posts
I used an old bit of angle bracket I had lying around to connect the preload adjuster to the same place the original adjuster was. Mine was an ABS model so I think the adjuster had swapped sides compared to older models.I also had quite a lot of hydraulic hose on the adjuster which I looped and zip tied out of sight, making sure it wouldn't get caught in anything or rub against any cables.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorted. ****ing pain but got there. I got a L bracket from a fixings and fasteners place. It had multi holes in so was ideal. Found a unused hole at the back of the frame. Fits perfect behind the LH panel. And there is a couple of mm clearence, so as not to chaffe on the plastic. Zip tie the hose an presto.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checked again. GOD DAMN IT. Thanks for the heads up. It just clips it. I'll readjust it in the morning. Only needs to be shifted a smidge. FML.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok. After feeling like a complete tit, I've undone what I already put on here. That is pretty much what not to do. I was out working on it at 6am and took advice from a Honda Tech on mounting it to a bolt, which brackets the rear brake gubbons on.
I will (later on in the week) grind the bracket down a bit and possibly get a small little bracket just to raise it up a little bit. I'm also going to get some pieces of innertube rubber to protect against metal on metal contact with the frame.Looks to be a great fit so far, clears the rear brake resevoir and is not a complete cluster **** like the first attempt......I know, I know I need to get rid of that loose hose. Waiting for the place to open to get ties.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
That looks better :)
You could maybe run the hose round the front of the bracket so it's not continually flexing with the suspension.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks better

You could maybe run the hose round the front of the bracket so it's not continually flexing with the suspension.

Good plan mate. Thanks again for pointing out my cock up. I would have just whacked it off the centre stand otherwise. Going to tidy it up in a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts