Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old Heine Gericke jacket and trousis combo is on it's last legs but six years is not so bad.
I am looking for quality replacements and they must do everything, be warm in winter, waterproof and breathable oh and durable.
Halvarrsons have a good reputation, I have a budget up to say £500 for the whole ensemble; though less would be better.
What can anybody reccomend.
They claim to use some space age material to keep it warm and cool. Really?

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
I've had many cheap combos I'm now on a second hand Rukka suit and would not go back to any thing without a genuine Gore Tex layer. It may be hype but whether boots gloves or clothing I've not (yet) been let down by them.

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
I've had a halvarrson suit for years. It's brilliant. Unfortunately it's now worn out.

What size are you. I've got a heine gericke Tuareg suit up for grabs. It's in pristine condition complete with waterproof liners. I bought it for myself but unfortunately it's a little on the small side

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the offer M O M, but I think I am after something with a built in gortex layer and a thermal liner.
44" chest by the way.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I've got the Halvarssons Graffitti jacket & Trousers.

I'm pleased with them, got zip out liners for the summer etc, it's worth trying a set on.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Halvarrsons or Rucka.
Cash now pending due to bills.
Rukka? I had it in my head they were a dodgy cheap brand.
But nope, as far wrong as you can be.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I have Ruka ArmaX after spending a fortune on cheap gear. No need for a set of wets, just decide liner or no liner and away you go. Done about 10 to 12 thousand miles in them so far. I even bought some Rukka gloves at Motorcycle Live last year. When touring that makes for a better experience.
I knew about Rukka and wanted less faff but thought it too expensive. I then made the mistake of trying the kit on at the NEC. Brilliant fit so I was sold and never regretted since.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've got Lindstrand jacket and trousers (same parent company as Hulvarrsons) which I commute in, it's never let water in and is great quality. I'd recommend it as a possible alternative, I think the jacket was called Quattara or something similar.

Chris

·
Registered
125 Posts
I also have the Rukka ArmaX. Brought them at the Excel bike show last year. Although they were discounted still allot of money, but we'll worth it.
A real quality piece of kit and still pleased with them.

Perhaps you should take a trip to the show this weekend and try a few on :lol:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I also have the Rukka ArmaX. Brought them at the Excel bike show last year. Although they were discounted still allot of money, but we'll worth it.
A real quality piece of kit and still pleased with them.

Perhaps you should take a trip to the show this weekend and try a few on :lol:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts