Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just got my 'new' AT and want to improve cosmetic appearance- hand guards seems straightforward but what are spoilers and do I need them?!- I can't make sense of the photos on the touratech website...

replacement right sidepanel where there is a gouge across the decals: how easy/practical is it to remove and replace the decals and would a replacement side panel from david silver include the decals?

thanks for any advice..

jaydee

·
Swedish member
43 Posts
Congratulations to your new AT :thumbup:

The spoilers on the Touratech Acerbis hand guards are mounted on top of the hand guards to make them broader/higher. The hand guard itself runs from the bar end to a point on the bar inside the hand grip. It protects the hand, but mounting a spoiler on top of it will improve the experience when it rains for instance...

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Yep I can recommend the handguards for the BMW1150GS had them on my Africa Twin with the Touratech extensions on too made a big difference compared to the original ones.

Body panels from David Silver do NOT come with decals. You only get the panels with decals if you order direct from a Honda dealer I'm afraid.

·
Nexus 6
1,320 Posts
Fit the spoilers - I have GS guards on mine and I ride with my levers canted down (its a mountain bike thing, eases wrist aches), this means that the guards too must be angled slightly down (not by munch mind), but it's enough to allow a stiff breeze up my sleeves if its cold! Even with the guards on level so to speak I reckon the breeze would be the same - I'm gonna fit some TT spoilers in due course, I'm just getting the courage together to tell Mrs SOS how much I paid for 2 little bits of plastic and some rivets! :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts